Chapter 6: The Legend

You wake up far earlier than everyone else. You have work to do.

You sneak out of the auditorium, and head to the testing grounds.

You step to the summit, looking far into the forest. All seems calm, but you know there's danger everywhere you look. You throw yourself into the bushy forest.

You dash from tree to tree, planning your route and popping headshots on a few Grimm to make the entrance easier for other participants.

As you do this, you observe their behavior.

The Grimm seem far less alert than the ones at Maelstra. While Maelstran Grimm were able to detect you in a sandstorm, these Grimm can barely track your movements.

Hiding your power will be hard if the Grimm are so dumb, so you'll need a plan if you don't want to draw attention.

You kill a few more Grimm, then dash to the tallest tree you can find.

You sit at the top of the tree, close your eyes, focus, and listen. You can hear Grimm, but the sound is faint, so there aren't that many.

There seems to be mostly Beowolves and Ursa roaming the forest. Even after the killing spree, there are still so many.

Killing them all would be very conspicuous, so you decide to go back to the auditorium with everyone else. You probably aren't allowed outside yet anyway.

A few minutes later

You lie down again and wait for a few minutes, but as hard as you try, you still can't fall asleep.

And so, you do what you always did. You sneak outside to train and polish your skills.

You walk out to the front of the school and think about what to do.

You decide to do some parkour. You've done enough CQC training anyways.

You stretch, do some shadow boxing, and hop a little bit to warm up.

Then, you crouch down to the ground, and explode upwards, aiming to land on the roof.

The cold dawn wind refreshes you as you fly through the night sky.

You land on the top of the building, effortlessly balancing on top of the pole on the roof. You look all around you.

Almost immediately, you're stunned by the city still in the distance.

The buildings are silhouetted against the dark sky. The radiance of the city's many lights extends far into the sky, coloring the sky above it into a dim, but vibrant gold-ish hue.

You almost didn't notice it.

There's someone else on a building far away from you, staring. Although you can't see their figure, their snowy, silver-white eyes are contrasted against the dimness of the distance.

The eyes remind you of someone you met long ago. They're cold, calculating, and soulless. The eyes remind you of your "real" mother.

After a while, the eyes disappear, but you decide not to train now. He could've been some sort of spy, or an assassin.

You hop back to the ground and head back inside.

By now, everyone's awake and getting ready for the initiation.

You don't waste any time heading to the assigned spot.

A few minutes later

Everyone stands on their platform, attentively focused on Ozpin.