Chapter 3: Rise to power

You lie down in your bed, and close your eyes, letting the love of your found family comfort you as you drift into sleep.

Suddenly, you feel the gentle breeze of a cool night, and slightly prickly grass beneath you as you lay.

You open your eyes, and you see the night sky, but it isn't normal. You can see countless stars, and galaxies, unlike the small glowing specks you're used to.

You sit up and look around. You're on a grassy hill with a tree on top. You lean against the tree, and lose your train of thought to the universe in the sky.

???: You want to be up there, don't you? Among the stars?

The same grey-hooded man you met before is sitting in the tree above you.

You nod.

???: I'll ask you once again: follow your gut.

You want to soar higher than what your father ever expected from you. He wanted you on the ground, chained by the Lycan clan's brutality.

You're gonna fight among stars, choosing your own sides.

???: There's a place you need to go. It's a place that hasn't been populated for a long time. You've heard of Vale, Mistral, whatever.

You nod.

???: But you've never heard of Maelstra, the kingdom of Grimm and storms.

You shudder.

???: Don't worry, I'll guide you. But, it will be rough.

You close your eyes, and wake up in your bed again.

You know what you have to do.

Author POV

You tell your family about your plans, and since taiyang is well known as a huntsman, he let you rent an airship.

You train hard for weeks in preparation for the journey. Eventually, summer break arrives.

While everyone else relaxes away from school, you get ready for the most brutal journey you've lived through.

Your POV

You hug your sisters goodbye.

Yang: Be careful out there, bud. Don't leave me yanging.

Ruby: I'll have tons of cookies for you when you get back!

You chuckle, and you let them go.

(F/N): Love you guys. I'll see you in a while.

You step back, wave, and step into the airship.

You sit down and activate the autopilot.

5 hours later

You take one last look at a photo of your family, before putting it in the ship's locker.

AI: We have arrived at our destination.

The doors of the airship open, and you jump out, into the clouds.

Your thoughts swirl around you, your life, your family, and what might happen to you.