Chapter 9: Watch Your Back (Part 2)

You still have questions, despite everything. Why didn't she just kidnap you when you were off your guard? Is she playing some sort of cat-and-mouse game? You take off your shirt, and put on your boxing shorts, getting ready for "bed".

Trying to avoid her will be tough. She can appear out of nowhere, and end you in an instant.

Right now, reflexes are your only friend. If she touches you, it's over.

Kira: (F/N)? Can you hear me?

You turn on the microphone on your earpiece.

(F/N): Loud and clear.

Kira: Alright, you know the plan, right?

(F/N): Uhhh...

Kira: Look, we're setting a trap here. Xavier is positioned outside in the courtyard with his bow, using special anti-aura arrows. Lure her outside, wait until she reveals herself there, and Xavier will take her out. I set up sensors around the campus to track any dimensional shifts, and I'll warn you when she appears. Got it?

You sit on the edge of your bed.

(F/N): Y-Yeah. But I still have more questions.

Kira: Well, we've got time. Ask away.

(F/N): Why didn't she kidnap me before I knew about her?

Kira: Look, she's crazy. You know how people work up to ask their crush on a date or whatever? She's thinking like that. I've seen it before. It's always on Friday under a cherry blossom tree, for some reason.

(F/N): That makes no sense, but I digress. Why don't I just sit in the courtyard?

Kira: She'd know something was wrong. Sleeping outside in freezing conditions is weird, and she'd suspect something. But if you're sleeping peacefully in your dorm, well, you get the point. Act like your running away from her. Behind you. Behind you!

You turn around, seeing the messy-haired head of the girl appear from the wall. But this time, you can see her face. Her face is pale like her skin, and her eyes are a crystal clear red, almost like they're glowing. And her toothy smile gives you the creeps.

???: Found you~

Her arms appear, and they try to grab you. You roll backwards, evading her grasp.

She twitches, and crawls out of the wall, revealing herself in her true form.

She's quite tall, almost touching the ceiling. She wears purple sneakers, black and white striped thigh highs, a combat skirt, and a black sweater.

Kira: Wow! She's hot?!

(F/N): *whispering* Not the time, Kira.

???: Why run, my love?

She pulls out a large meat cleaver from her dimension, and she slowly starts to walk towards you, swaying her hips.

(F/N): S-Sorry! Um... I think we should see other people!

You jump out the window, and into the frosty night.

Kira: She's shifting. Watch where you land.

She appears on the ground, with her arms up ready to catch you.

???: But why? We're meant for each other! I can feel it!

Kira: Ah yes. The meat cleaver in her hand is very indicative of that.

You grip the wall, slowing your fall to a stop.

Kira: Above you!