Chapter 4.5: Test Your Might

The dark abyss quickly takes over your vision after the light fades. But one small glow still remains on the abyss floor where the monsters core was.

It doesn't make a dent in the darkness, it's more of a bioluminescent light.

You make your way to the source of it, sensing its evil precense even miles away from it.

As you swim closer and closer, the pressure quickly surpasses the immense water pressure of the ocean floor. You struggle against the force of its hate and malice.

You finally make your way to the source, and you take a good look at it.

It's a blood-red eye with black, nerve-like growths sprouting out in every direction. The eye looks at you, but not in fear or anger. It's stare is filled with pride and satisfaction. The amount of suffering it caused was immense. It knows, even if it dies now, it will die as a hero in its own way. It can't laugh, but you can tell what it's thinking.

Disgusted by its malevolence, you stomp on it, and it squelches beneath your shoe. It disintegrates into nothing soon after.

You start to swim upwards.

A few minutes later

As you break the surface of the water, gasping for air, the galaxies of the night sky bring light to the ocean.

You make your way to the shore once again.

1 hour later

You sit on the beach, peering into the sky and gathering your thoughts.

Hood: That was one hell of a light show.

You nod.

You both sit in silence, pondering how far you've come.

Hood: I'm proud of you. And I'm damn excited to see how your life plays out. Your journey hasn't even started yet.

(F/N): It's only been a month since I came here. I feel like I've changed a lot.

Hood: The only thing that's changed is how strong you've become.

Would your family still see you the same?

Hood: Before we leave, there are still some things we need to do.

1 hour later

You put the hooded skeleton into the grave, and you begin to bury it. Hood helps you dig at your side.

Hood: Sorry about this, but my remnants needed a proper resting place.

(F/N): You've earned this. Don't worry about it.

You pat down the soil, and dust off your hands.

Hood: Well, I think I should tell you the real reason I brought you here. It's a long story though, so have a seat.

(F/N): Not like I have anything better to do...

Hood: A long time ago, this island used to be a kingdom. It was favored for its rich mining potential. Although the kingdom was big and successful, the people weren't happy. The government kinda fucken sucked, not gonna lie.

(F/N): This wasteland used to be a kingdom? Wait, how big?

Hood: Bigger than Vale, I think. Anyways, the government didn't treat their citizens well. People were forced into mining jobs for terrible pay. Anyone who spoke up about it was just killed. Overall, it was probably one of the saddest societies to this day.