91. defending

George POV

"Okay, what is wrong with you?! You don't even know your son! He's probably more man than you ever were or will be in your entire life! He protected me when I got in trouble, he fought for me when I did a stupid thing that broke us apart, he always wanted me to be fine!!! And I love him more than everything else! So if you want to mess with him, then you also have to mess with me!", I yelled at the man with all the power inside of me while standing up quickly.

"George-", Clay swallowed with a worried look, still holding my hand.
"No! If you don't know how incredibly awesome your son is, then you either don't know him or are just a massive asshole! He deserves the world and is the most amazing person I've ever met! And if you think being a man means liking girls and beating up weaker guys, then you are really just a dickhead!", I stared at Clay's dad angrily, clenching my teeth.

Then nobody said anything. He just looked me up and down for a while. I couldn't read his expression.
"So", he eventually said, "Who are you?"
"I'm-", I wanted to say proudly that I'm George, Clay's boyfriend, but Clay interrupted me.
"George. The love of my life", he stood up, still holding my hand, and went close to me. He let go of my hand and grabbed me by my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"George", the man scoffed, staring at me, "Your parents haven't given you the cheeky mouth, huh? Who do you think you are that you can make such a decision for my son ?!", he yelled.
"He's not making any decisions for me! He's the best thing that ever happened to me and HE really loves me! For who I am! I don't have to train all day, beat people up or show how 'masculine' I am! I would rather be poor with him forever, living on the street than living with you in the best luxury villa!", Clay yelled back, grabbing me tighter.

The man stopped talking. He just stared at us now.
"I thought you wanted us to be a good family now?! Mom is fixing herself in the institution, why don't you fix yourself too?!", I saw slight tears appearing in Clays eyes when he yelled again. Then he looked down to me and immediately put his forehead on mine.
"Clay...", the man swallowed.
"I am really sorry for you, sir, that your son maybe isn't exactly how you want him. I'm sorry if your son is not allowed to follow the feelings he just cannot change", I stepped in again, "But whatever you're saying to him, I will defend with everything I have, because I-....I love your son! I love him!"

After a bit of silence again the man sighed.
"George, right?", he nodded at me.
"Yeah."
"You have guts", he kept staring at me. I raised my eyebrows in confusion and just went on, also looking at him.

"And you're a homophobic asshole, so you're trash", I scoffed.
"Okay", he scoffed back.
"Dad, please listen....", Clay eventually said, "You don't have to understand me, but please just accept that I love that boy and...." His look wandered to me, "....That won't change." Then he smiled.

"Yo-your mom", Clay's dad went on, "I visited her on my way home."
"So?", Clay raised an eyebrow.
"She's doing much better", I could see a small smile on his lips, "She's clean and a nice woman..." Then he paused.
"You know,...", he eventually swallowed, "She told me that- that she wants to give you a better life now and...I should tell you from her that she's sorry and loves you."

"Well", Clay sighed, looking to the floor, "A bit late, but...better late than never, right?"
Now Clay and his father looked at each other for a while.
"How long are you two....like,...a couple now?", he eventually looked over to me and back to his son.
"Since a few days since you were gone", Clay shrugged his shoulders slightly, his hands still wrapped around me.

"Wow, more than a month.....wow....", the man looked to the floor.
"So?", Clay raised one eyebrow at his dad, "Are you going to kick me out now because I'm gay?"
"No", he scoffed.
"Well, then there's nothing you can hold me back from", Clay tilted his head.
"I know..."
"What? What's up with you? Why aren't you yelling at me?", Clay asked confused.
"Can we talk later? Alone? You and me?", Clays dad looked up to him.

"No, everything you tell me, George also can know. I won't leave his side. Especially not now", Clays nose slightly twitched. I grabbed his hoodie tightly and clenched my teeth at the man.
"Okay, uhm...euh....", Clays father looked like he would struggle to say something right now.
"Anyways, I'm back and unpacking my suitcases now in my room. I- uh...euh...", and with that he quickly left the room before closing the door behind him.

"What was that?", I gave Clay a confused glance.
"I don't know", he raised his eyebrows at me.
"Are you okay?", I began stroking his shoulder.
"I'm always okay when you're with me", Clay weakly smiled.
"Don't leave me because of your dad", I pressed my lips together while running my fingers through his hair.
"I would rather die", Clay giggled before giving me a gentle kiss onto the forehead.

"That was so suddenly, like...he just came out of nowhere", I stared to the wall when we were sitting on the bed together.
"Let's maybe give him time to think. Meanwhile we could....", Clay softly kissed my cheek.
"How can you think of that now?", I giggled.
"You're all I think about", Clay shrugged his shoulders.
"But-", I giggled.
"Shh", he shut me up before pressing his lips on mine gently.

It was a nice little kiss, then our lips let go again and Clay looked up and down at me with a smile.
"You meant everything you said?", he smiled with an expression mixed out of happiness and a bit of sadness.
"Every single word. You became what I need Clay. I love you", I smiled.
"How do I deserve you...", Clay quietly giggled when he looked like he would start to cry.
"Now don't be so cheesy", I giggled, slightly punching his shoulder.
"I love you more", he smiled while a small tear rolled down his cheek.
"That's not possible", I rolled my eyes with a smile.

With a cute laugh he hugged me tightly and gave me a kiss onto the head.

_________________________________________________________

~1.109 words~