7. What is happening?

George POV

That girl came over to me, grabbed an empty chair from the side and sat down to me.
"Hey, my name is Niki. Who are you?", she said friendly.
"George. Why does no one want to be partners with you?"
"This school is horribly homophobic. I'm bi and since I had outed myself, no one likes me anymore. It's pretty sad", she answered in a sad tone. "What about you?"
"I'm a victim of bullying. Surprisingly you don't know me. I get bullied by Clay and his group."

"I'm new here. I came from the UK this year because my family moved here. But that's really bad, I'm sorry for you", she said with her cute voice. I think we liked each other and we got along pretty well.
"I have no idea why someone should bully or don't like you, you are nice and also really handsome", she meant while we were working on the task. I was immediately embarrassed, it came pretty suddenly and was insanely cute.

"Eh, thank you", I giggled while rubbing the back of my neck. But that was everything. We worked on the tasks, it worked really well and we got along. After that, she went back to her seat and the normal lessons kept going.

Eventually I felt a small tap on my shoulder and twitched when I was frightened by it. I turned my head around slowly and saw Clay leaning forward and whispering emotionless: "Can I have a sheet of paper? I don't have any with me today."
I think my mouth stood open. That was weird! Why would he do it like that. The Clay I knew would've ordered me to give him one.

"Su- sure...", I quietly answered and tore a sheet of paper from my pad, handing it to him to the back.
"Thanks"
THANKS?! What had happened?! He thanked me? Man, he really was sick! Really sick!
I turned around confused and just continued working.

Nick(he's one of the members of Clay's group and also with him in this class) POV

I saw Clay tap Georges shoulder and talking with him, then George gave him a sheet of paper. Clay had an expressionless face. Currently he always has that look when he's near George.
I know Clay since we were 10 and bullying George was always fun and stuff, but I could see that something must have changed.

I don't think Clay wants to admit it to himself, but he doesn't want to harm George anymore. I suspected something had happened between them. I had better not asked him about it. Clay always wanted to handle his stuff himself.

I have to admit, it was a shame it was over. I am not denying it. We've been bullies ever since Clay got so handsome and popular, but he was still a great person. He just didn't show it. His past was not as beautiful as everyone might think ...
I looked over at Will one more time and noticed a puked and guaranteed dissatisfied look on his face as he looked from Clay over to me. I didn't give him any reaction to this, but instead concentrated on the class again.

George POV

When class was over, I walked out of the classroom, through the halls to the entrance and thought I could just go home like the last few days because for some reason Clay wasn't in the mood for beating me up anymore, but then I saw two of his friends standing outside and talking. That's when my anxiety increased.

When they saw me, they started smirking and standing straight. Fuck. I just continued walking, hoping to get away, but I didn't.
Well, there were just two of them now, but still...
One of them grabbed me by my arm roughly and pulled me over behind the school where they used to beat me up before.

Then they started hitting and punching me, all that stuff like usual. They laughed meanwhile and said something like "happy that it's back, huh?" and "I missed that".
I just went through it, I mean, it already had happened to me so many times. I shouldn't have thought that I could get used to this calm.

While they were beating me up, I saw Clay come around the corner, probably looking for his two missing friends. When he saw us, his eyes widened. He threw his backpack on the ground and ran towards us. They must have reminded him of how much fun it had been and probably he had missed it too. I was sure he would join them.

But then I heard him screaming at them: "Stop! Stop it!" in aggressive tone. When he had reached us he roughly grabbed the shoulders of the two boys and pulled them backwards. "What the hell is wrong with you dude?!", one of them screamed at him.

"Stop it!", Clay just said.
He pushed one of the boys to the side, causing him to fall. Then he walked towards me slowly. I was so confused and the chance that he would hurt me was low, but anyways I curled up and crawled into the corner. Just before he reached me, he stopped and looked down at me blankly.
"Run", he said quietly. I looked at him more confused. But when nodded into a direction away from them and clenched his teeth, I stood up and ran away quickly.

I could hear them screaming more behind me, but couldn't understand something because of my fast and loud breath and also I was already pretty far away.
Did Clay save me?
Wow.

Will POV

"Wtf man?!", We screamed at Clay and started pushing him around, but he has not put up with that and pushed back, and stronger. "I told you to stop! Why don't you just get it?! It's over, okay!", he screamed back.
It was surprisingly that no one had heard us, we absolutely screamed our hearts out.
Zak and I looked at each other angrily and confused, then turned back and Zak started screaming again.
"Why is it over? What made you decide to quit, huh ?!"

That's when Nick stormed around the corner. He came to us and stood beside Clay. They looked at each other and Nick asked what had happened.
"Our friend is out of his mind and means we should stop bullying George, but no one of us sees a reason for that! Something is wrong with him! Could you please fix your best friend, he's driving us crazy currently!", I screamed.

Nick looked at Clay and swallowed heavily. What the fuck? What's going on?
He grabbed Clay by his arm gently and they walked away. I wanted to scream after them, but Zak put his hand on my chest and shook his head with a disgusted expression.

_______________________________________________

~1.147 words~