12. Will

Nick POV

Clay started running towards entrance when the group was already around the corner.
"Ouh, God", I whispered to myself before running after him. He was so fucking fast when he really wanted to get somewhere quickly. It was hard for me to catch up with him.

When we got around the corner, we saw our 6 friends beat up George. Clay made a step forward, but I stopped him by grabbing his upper arm.
"What you up to?"
He pulled himself out of my grip and ran towards the brawl.

"Hey, you fuckers!", he screamed at them, "I fucking told you to stop! Listen to me and fuck off!"
I just stood there and watched the show.
They stopped. One of them had George grabbed by his shirt lifting in the air. A few spots on his face were bleeding. "Clay, what's your problem, actually?!", Alex yelled at him while walking towards him.
"Fuck you and let him go!"

"Why?! Just give us a reason!", Will screamed at him while he was still holding George up who wasn't even trying to fight back.
Clay didn't give him an answer. He just looked at him angrily and clenched his fists.
For a few seconds they all just looked at each other.

"Let him go or you'll regret that you didn't", Clay eventually said in an angry voice. Will let go of George who fell at the ground and tried to crawl away but was withheld 2 others. Will walked up to Clay provocative. Clay was a little bit taller than Will, I would guess around 5 centimetres, not more. Clay leaned his head down slightly and stared at Will with his eyes up, while Will's head was forward and his eyes looked up at Clay.

Clay was the tallest of all of us. The only one who got closest to him was Will. (I know that Will is actually taller than Dream, but not in this fanfiction)
"So, you want to mess with all of us? Really? You think so highly of yourself?", Will said mockingly. Clay turned his gaze from Will to the others and gave them a questioning glance. Now everyone of them looked struggling. They didn't know whom to stand by.

They all looked at each other and back to Clay who began smirking. "Ouh, you think so?" He walked around him a few times before kicking his leg hard what caused him to fall. Will tried to stand up but Clay knelt down and pushed him back to the ground before punching him in the face.
Will yelled Clay's name several times, but each time he got interrupted by Clay's blows. When his face started to bleed, Clay stopped. "Anyone else?", he asked, looking up to the other groupmates.

I stayed completely out of it and just watched. Firstly, I knew that no one else would oppose him and, secondly, if they attacked him, he could take on everyone.
Clay started martial arts about 3 years ago and has not been beaten down by anyone if he gave everything.
The two holding George stepped aside and looked at the ground. The others just looked away. Clay checked everyone with his eyes and then looked back down at Will lying on the floor.

"You're out. I can't use sons of bitches to oppose me." There it was. The bully, mean, down-looking side of Clay who was better and stronger than anyone, who could do anything. Will stared angrily at Clay, not twitching a corner of his body.
"Fuck off!", Clay screamed at him while kicking him to flight. After Will had ran away, Clay looked at the rest of the group again and gave them a signal to go, what they did.
"Pussys", I mocked them as I passed them with a smile. Zak hit my shoulder slightly and gave me a sharp look.

I walked towards Clay who was helping George up. I patted his shoulder from behind and smiled slightly. He smiled back.
George was trembling and struggled to stand straight. Clay put his hand on his back to give him a better support.
Now they both looked each other in the eyes. It was actually really interesting to see them like that. "Euh, tha- thank you...", George said shyly. Clay gritted his teeth and looked at the ground.
"Nothing to thank."

Then I realized George had grabbed Clay arm which was holding him tight. He swayed a little, but then found a footing again. He pulled away from Clay and took a few steps to the side. "I'd go then. Thanks again"
"See ya." Clay waved at him slightly and then put his hands into his pockets of his hoodie.
"Nothing going on, huh?", I tore him from his thoughts what made him twitch.
He weakly smiled at me and shrugged his shoulders.

When I looked over to my left, I could see Will running in the direction where George was going. I tapped Clay and pointed to Will. "Oh, God, this motherfucking asshole", he said angrily before running afterwards him. Oh boy, oh boy...

George POV

'Go, go, go, go! Don't look back, just go home.', I thought myself over and over. Clay just had saved me....again. What is happening?

When I was on my way home, just 30 seconds after I started going, I heard fast footsteps behind me, so I turned around quickly and saw this guy running towards me. As I turned back again and tried to run, I stumbled. Fuck.

He threw himself at me and started hitting a couple of times before holding me up by my shirt again. His face was only a few inches away from mine when he spoke "What did you do? Why is Clay like that now, huh?! What's up with you?!" I looked scared at him and tried to free myself from his grip, unsuccessful. "Became speechless?!", he screamed at me before throwing more punches at me.
"I did nothing! He maybe just changed...I don't know!", I tried to defend myself.

"Fuck yourself!", I heard a familiar voice screaming from behind us. Then the guy was dragged down and thrown aside. Clay.

He stepped next to him a few times before the guy got up and ran away. Then he laughed scornfully.
"Are you okay?", he asked while reaching me his hand. I grabbed it and pulled myself up. "Yeah, ta- thank you...again"
He gave me a weak laugh. "You're welcome...again"

I just was about to turn around and continue walking home, but got stopped by Clay gripping my wrist and saying "I think it should be better when I get you home. Will is pretty stubborn. He'll try again when I'm gone."
"Why do you do that?", I finally asked him what I thought myself all the time.
"What?"
"What happened that you-...care about me so much now? Why do you keep helping me?"

I got no answer, just a shrug with his shoulders. Then he walked and dragged me with him.

_____________________________________________

~1.177 words~