78. maybe in another life

Alex POV

I didn't know if it would help him, but I just wanted to try it. I went upstairs and softly knocked onto the door from the room George was in.
"Hmm?", I heard him sobbing.
"George? Hey", I opened the door with a weak smile and saw him lying on the bed with a tearful face.

"What's up?", he asked, wiping the tears away.
"You really want to cry all day long now?", I giggled, sitting onto bed next to him.
"Shut up", he giggled back.
"Little crybaby, aren't you?", I smiled broadly.
"I said shut up", he gave me a weak smile back while slightly pushing me.

"Hey, earlier you asked me how it would be going, right?"
"Yes? And? How is it going?", he slowly sat up.
"Actually I thought those feeling could go away if I just play the friend and let no one notice", I shrugged my shoulders with a smile.
"No, no, don't do that. Don't run away from that", George looked at me seriously.
"Wow, that says the exact right one, huh", I rolled my eyes with a smile.

Then he sighed before swallowing and I realized that I shouldn't have said that. When I talked to him about myself, he no longer thought about himself or Clay and that was good.
"What do you think I should do? Still, Nick has Karl and he really loves him. It would be bullshit if I would try", I blinked at him.
"Why don't you ask him?"
"What?
"Yes", he shrugged his shoulders.
"Ask him? What the hell", I laughed.

"No, no joke, really. Ask him if he likes you more. That's the only way you will find out."
"George, I already KNOW that he doesn't want me. I would just hurt myself with that. It's better to be friends than getting rejected and not liked anymore", I let myself fall back on my back onto the bed.
"So, you just want to lie to him? Forever?"
"What should I do?", I pressed my lips together.
After a while of watching George how he looked at me thinking he finally opened his mouth again.

"Tell me about him", he smiled.
"What do you mean?", I sat up with a confused look.
"Tell me what you feel when you see him, tell me when you realized that you got a crush on him and how it felt."
"Euhm, okay? Uhm...", I had to think about it for a minute, "So, it's not that long ago. Maybe about 3 months now? I didn't really realize that one day, I just started to like him more and more and then it just started to feel like more than just friendship feelings."

"Did you admit to yourself from the start that you like a guy?", George tilted his head.
"Well, I don't actually think so. I think I always tried to suppress it and for a while I actually was able to forget it, but when this time with you and Cl- um...when you showed it in public, I think it caused something in me to want to get free and I'm not denying it anymore to myself", I looked at the ceiling.

"Mhm", was everything George said to that.
"What I feel when I see him? I don't know", I let out a cute laugh, "Every time I look at him, I have to smile, even if it is only inside sometimes. I-....", I paused when I realized what I was about to say, because my mouth actually just wanted to say what I felt, "I really want to kiss him."
Georges attention rose and I saw happiness in his expression.

"But well, maybe in another life", I straightened up.
"What, why would you say that?", George sounded kind of upset.
"Not everyone can always have what they want George. And I know that I have no space in Nick's heart. Karl already owns it", I smiled at him, "And that's okay."
George looked at me like he would've been impressed or something.
"I'm fine. Maybe it's just a phase. Anyway, it will go away again. I just don't mind about it anymore. I accept that I have no chance. My heart just chose the wrong person", I tilted my head with a lovely smile.

"Uh, I- don't know what to say...", George looked at me blown away with feelings.
"Hey Alex", Nick's head came out from behind the door frame what caused me to frighten.
"Ouh god Nick!", George yelled up in shock.
"Oops, sorry, did I scare you?", he giggled, coming in.
"Did you hear any of our conversation?", George asked carefully with widened eyes. Ouh shit, what if he did?! That would be the end of me. I wasn't thinking about that before....

"No, of course not. Alex said it's just your business, so of course I'm not listening", he smiled at me, "But hey, it worked!"
"What?", George giggled.
"George, you look happy", Nick smiled broadly what made me smile too. He was so beautiful....but well, wasn't my man, right? I was just too late. Missed it. Bad luck.

"Yeah, anyway, Alex, George, I just wanted to tell you that Karl and I are going to him now. His parents aren't home today", he winked at George.
"Uhh, means?", George smirked.
"What do you think dumbass?", Nick giggled while slightly biting his bottom lip.
"Have much fun you two", I winked.
"Yup, see you then", and with that he turned around and left the room.

"Ouh god....", I let myself fall on the bed again, "That could've ended so bad."
"Yeah, you're right", George giggled.
"Hey, we're alone. You wanna do something?", I looked at him excited.
"Depends on what you wanna do."
"Nothing huge please....", I thought for a few seconds, "Nick must have board games around here somewhere, right?"

"Then look for them. I don't know it either", George sighed, letting himself fall onto his back too.
"Okay, gimme a few minutes. I'm gonna find them!", with a silly expression I quickly stood up and ran downstairs. I heard George giggling when I did that. I was so happy that I made him feel better.

I found a couple of board games in a drawer in the living room, it didn't take long. I picked up a few that I liked and we played on the bed.

"Hey, George, do you go to school tomorrow?", eventually came up to my mind.
"Mh,....no, probably not. I still need time", he smiled at me.
"Wait, but you're not trying to get over Clay currently, are you?", I asked afraid. That would ruin everything.

"Actually I am", George said, "Could we play on now please?"
"Wa-wait, you just want to let him go?! Are you kidding?!", I stood up angrily.
"What, Alex? Wha-", George looked at me confused before I cut him off.
"No George, this man wants to do everything for you! You have no idea!", I began to yell uncontrolled, "And you really just want to....completely end this?! No! I won't let you do that! You would destroy him with that!"

"I already told you!", he yelled back, "I'm doing that for him!"
"George, why are you just so stupid currently?! Oh my god, I-", I found no words in my anger. Then I saw Georges eyes filling with tears again.
"Ouh George, you-...", I slowly calmed down, "....you know, I actually don't care right now if you're sad or whatever, but not to fight is dumb. Really dumb. Why can't you see what you're doing?...", I said disappointed.

Then I stood up and left the room. He couldn't have been serious with that...

________________________________________________________

~1.288 words~