2. depression

George POV

Okay, here we go. School was over for today. I went out of the classroom, through the halls, to the entrance where I could already see Clay with his friends, leaning against the doors. When they saw me, they started smiling with this cocky expression I hated so much again. Clay nodded in direction entrance as they walked through it, around the corner. With a sigh, I followed them slowly. I knew I had no chance to escape, so why should I try?

I went around the corner and saw them standing in a circle, some leaning against the wall, some just standing there with their hands in the pockets. When Clay looked at my expressionless face, he started to make grimaces, followed by a laugh of the group. I stopped walking towards them when there were around 8 feet between us.

Clay looked at a tall guy with blond hair and a few scars over his face and nodded to me. The guy walked towards me, grabbed my left arm and pulled me to the group. Now I stood in their little circle and watched them coming closer to me, until one of them hit my stomach with his knee. Another one afterwards hit my leg with his foot which caused me to fall. A guy took my backpack and threw it a few feet away, I guess so it wasn't in the way.

Two of them grabbed each my left and right arm and pulled me up. I am short and weak what didn't really help me in those fights. I wanted to stand but before I even could move, Clay threw a few punches into my stomach and finally in my face. I whined at the pain and twitched every time after a punch hit me. My head hung down and small tears escaped my eyes. Clay knelt down and lifted my chin up, so I'd face him.

I knew it wasn't over yet and I was right. He threw another punch straight into my face which caused my nose starting to bleed slightly. Then he stepped back and some other guys started hitting me. The pain was caused in my stomach, my face and my legs which they also started to kick.

After I think 3 or 4 minutes of that, they let go of me and just walked away while laughing. I laid on the floor in pain and whining. Tears rolled down my cheeks and I tried to stand up. I reached for my bag while crawling over to it.

When I had grabbed it, I sat up and breathed slowly. I tried to stand up which was shaky but it worked. I put the bag on my back and started to walk home. They weren't the worst injuries I've ever had. I already survived worse fights. When I arrived at home, I threw my bag on the couch and went into the kitchen to grab an ice bag to cool my painful spots. After I did that I took the bag again and went upstairs to my room. I laid in my bed and curled into a small ball before I fell asleep.

When I woke up, I heard the voice of my mom talking downstairs. My parents must've been back. I could hear someone coming up the stairs and walking towards my door. I closed my eyes and covered my face up to the nose, because of the injuries, with the blanket, pretending I would still sleep, when the door opened. "Hey", a soft male voice said quietly, "I just wanted to say hello, we'll leave in a minute again...." He stopped talking. "Sleep well, see ya tomorrow maybe". Then he closed the door and went downstairs again.

I opened my eyes, when I heard them closing the front door of the house. I stood up and walked to my desk to get my phone. My parents were nice people, they were kind to me and got me what I needed, they were just really busy with work the whole day. They didn't know about my problems with Clay and everything. I mean, I could tell them, but I think it's not worth it to make them worry when they have so much to do anyways.

I also think they wouldn't even listen to me, like they never really do. Once a day, they'd come into my room, say hi and then leave again. Sometimes they don't even come to me. When I need something, I would write a little note and put it on the kitchen table.

I looked at the clock of my phone and saw it was almost 7 pm, so I went downstairs to make a sandwich and went back upstairs. I sat on my PC and watched a movie which made me feel a little better. I went to sleep at 10pm and slept surprisingly well. In this night, I had an incredibly weird dream. I laid in a bed. But it wasn't mine. It wasn't my house either. When I looked around, the room I was laying in was completely empty.

When I looked beside me, I got a horrible heart attack. Clay was laying there, staring and smiling at me like a crazy monster or something. That glare looked so creepy. He sat up and pushed me down with his hands. He was so strong, I couldn't move under him. He leaned above me and came closer with his face until it almost met mine. We looked each other in the eyes, but not like this romantic thing, it was totally like murderer and his victim.

He whispered some unintelligible things till he said one thing at the end what I clearly understood: "Kill yourself or I'm gonna do it." Then I saw him smiling again like before.

I woke up, screaming and crying. I was so happy to be back in the reality again. I breathed deep in and out before I fell back in bed again and hugged my pillow tight. But then I thought over it a little bit. I mean, what's worth it to stay alive? I already imagined a lot of times how it would be to...kill myself. There were moments where I wanted to do that, but is it really the right thing though?

I looked at the clock, it was 7am, I should take a shower. My brain hurt and I needed to calm down.

_______________________________________________

~1.069 words~