5. break

George POV

"Wait, I thought he was sick?!" I noticed when I was sitting on the kitchen table with my beloved ice pack. He didn't look or sound ill when he was here with me. And even if, why would you go to your victims house when you're ill? He said he was here to beat me up, but.... All of that doesn't make any sense! Now what was a lie and what was right? If he really just came to me to bully me because he wasn't at school to do it, than he really was a psychopath.

Well, I just didn't mind so much about that anymore and went to the bathroom to clean myself. I looked into the mirror as I leaned against the sink with my hands. Man, I looked terrible. Blue and red spots spread over my face, on some you could still see dried blood. And then there were the plasters on some places. How did he even know where those things were? He's so weird.

After I took the plasters off, I washed my face with cold water. I still felt like shit and decided to take a shower. I took off my clothes and headed over to the shower, but stopped at the mirror. When I saw my bare chest, I could see all the injuries on it. I couldn't see anything below in it because it was hanging too far up. I looked down at my legs to see more scratches and stains.

Wow, that really looked bad. I stepped into the shower and turned on the hot water. It was so relaxing and enjoyable. I was able to chill for a bit before coming out of the shower after about 15 minutes. I put on some new clothes and lied on my bed. I thought about Clay and all the things that had happened when I eventually fell asleep. (because George always sleeps, you can't tell me otherwise.)

When I woke up it was 6pm in the afternoon, because I fell asleep right after school in the noon. I decided to make food because I became hungry. I went downstairs and looked around in the kitchen to see what I could eat.

My glance met a small bowl with some fruits in it. I didn't remember we had that, but I appreciated it. I took out a banana, an apple and two nectarines and also took a small knife to cut them. After I had cut all of the fruits, I took another little bowl and filled oatmeal cereal with milk into it, then the fruits. I opened a drawer and took out a little spoon, then I sat on the couch with my phone.

That was pretty comfortable. I had showered, had taken a nap and now I was sitting on the sofa with a delicious fruit cereal and scrolled throw twitter and tiktok. At the end I ended up with watching YouTube videos from some minecraft streamers. Actually you could say that I had spent my afternoon pretty lazy. At around 9pm I went upstairs again and checked my school stuff. I learned a little bit more before going to bed.

In the next morning, I...stupidly overslept. I completely panicked, I had never come too late before, damned. I hurried at getting ready and almost fell when I headed down the stairs. Since I hadn't eaten, I quickly grabbed a toast, put a slice of ham on it and ate it on the way to school. I only had to go around 1,5 miles to school, so I always walked. My parents couldn't drive me (obviously) and I hadn't have my drive licence yet, and I already tried the bike, it got destroyed by Clay and his other dudes. Walking was the easiest way anyways.

I was only about 25 minutes late so it wasn't too bad. I hadn't missed too much, I was absolutely fine. The only thing that was a bit lousy was that I had forgotten a few documents due to the hustle and bustle, but this wasn't the end of the world either. The first few lessons were normal and relaxed, but the break was AMAZINGLY strange. I expected Clay annoying me again, but they never came.

When I looked around for their table I saw them all sitting there. Clay was back at school, so why didn't he or his friends tease me like every day? After a while I looked to them again and saw some of the boys staring at me angrily. They talked with Clay like they were really upset with something, Clay always waved with his hand and made annoyed expressions. Weird.

Eventually one of them stood up and wanted to walk towards me, but Clay grabbed his arm and pulled him back, then said something really pissed and aggressively pushed him back on his seat. Now they all looked like they hated each other, but Clay's friends looked more confused. When the school bell rang I stood up and walked to my class. You know this feeling you have when you think someone's following you? I had that, what caused me to look behind me and saw two guys of Clay's group.

I started walking faster till I reached my class where they stopped chasing me and went back. Close one. After school they didn't come to me either. I could easily go home. What happened?

Brian (one boy of Clay's crew) POV

"Come with me guys, let's go over to George", Sam said.
"Nah, not today", Clay said annoyed.
"What- Why?", I asked confused. Clay didn't look at us, just at his plate and slowly ate his food,
"I feel like shit, I have a headache and I'm dizzy"
"Ehm, okay", some of us said while sitting back down. After about 5 minutes I stood up and walked towards George while grumbling: "That you don't wanna do it doesn't mean for us it's prohibited. Come with me if you want."

I took two steps and immediately Clay grabbed my arm aggressively and pulled me back.
"I said No!", he beefed at me in a loud voice. His head was bowed down but his eyes looked up into mine. He looked like he was going to fucking kill me. Why did he do that? Why did he not want us to harm him under any circumstances? That wasn't like Clay usually was.

He pushed me back on my seat with all of his strength. We all were so confused and mad at the same time. Wtf was that? Clay's expression was mixed, he looked annoyed, angry, tired and pissed at the same time. I looked over to Aaron and nodded over to George and then to the clock. He nodded back, so I think he understood. After lunch everyone went to class, except me and Aaron. We started following George.

Soon he noticed and speeded up, so we slightly did that too, but he got into his classroom before we got him, so we went to class too. Damned! What was happening here? Clay would never let George go just because he felt bad or anything. Man, if I think about it, he never was really ill or felt bad. But well, let's see what will be tomorrow.

_______________________________________________

~1.224 words~