79. chaos

George POV

I did not want to give Clay up. Why would I ever want that? It just hurt so much when I thought about him and so I tried to tell me those things to not start to cry. When Alex started to yell at me and tell me what he told me, I knew that Clay must told him something. That there was something up.

"And what is he doing?!", I yelled after him when he left the room.
"You don't deserve to know that! You're letting him fall! You asshole!", I heard him screaming.

Damnit, why did I say that....
"Alex, I...", I stood up and followed him slowly.
"What Alex I-? HUH?! What do you want to say now?!"
"I'm so sorry...", I looked down to the floor.
"Don't apologize to me. Apologize to the guy whose life you want to destroy!"
What?...Why did that hurt so much?
"I don't want to-"
"But well, you are! Okay?! You made nothing better when you just broke up with him! You said Floris would make your life to hell?! Well, you did it even worse for him! I thought you really loved him!", Alex completely freaked out.

I swallowed heavily. My eyes got wet again.
"I- I just can't keep defending you if you make this decision. Clay is so special and so is his love to you. Do you really don't feel anything for him anymore? I mean, ho-", I cut him off when it got over me.
"No Alex, it's the opposite! I never loved anything or anyone more than this guy! Every second without him hurts like shit! But I'm getting nowhere if I just keep crying over him!"

"You broke up you fucker!"
"I know and I'm not proud of it, okay?!"
"Then why don't you go back to him?!"
I looked at him, clenching my teeth.
"What? Say something!"
"First of all, there is still Floris...", I slowly said.
"Ouh, come on, fuck this Floris guy! I can't hear that anymore from you! If the reason really is this shitty guy, then you are SO fucking weak, you can fuck yourself and go to hell!"

Now we just stared at each other.
"Do you know what Clay has planned? Just...FOR YOU?! Because you hurt him so much? Because YOU BROKE HIM?!", Alex stepped closer to me.
"No, what?", I looked at him expressionless, trying to suppress the crying.
"He's doing everything he can to get rid of Floris. Without you! Because you're a cowardly asshole!"
"What?....", I said quietly.
"Why can't you finally see what this man feels for you...", he let his head fall down before turning around and walking to the door.

"Wait!", I yelled after him.
"I'm outta here, tell me when you're no pathetic pussy anymore", and with that he closed the door behind him and was gone.
Wow, that was...much.... I wanted to think about that and went back upstairs. I put away the board games and snuggled into the blanket. As I went through what I had just said and done, my tears came back and I cried myself to sleep.

Nick POV

When I got home from Karl at around 11pm, I wanted to check on George and saw him, as he always was, asleep. I quickly got ready and crept into bed next to him in the room. Thank goodness my parents were gone for a week on business and I had the house to myself. Anyway, I went to bed with George and just as I was getting comfortable I heard him sob.

"George, you alright?", I leaned over to him. He didn't answer me. When I leaned closer to him I saw that his face was tear-swollen and still saw a tear running down his cheek onto the pillow. His eyes were closed. It seemed like he would sleep. Did he dream?

There he sobbed again and grabbed the blanket tighter.
"No...no....", he whined over and over, "Don't hurt him....please...."
"Hey George", I rubbed his arm, "Hey."
"Noo....", he just sobbed again.
"George!", I said a little louder and slightly shook him what caused him to wake up.
"Nick! Oh my god", he said relieved, turned to me and hugged me tightly.

"Gosh George, you're sweating as fuck, what did you dream? You don't look good", I stroked his back.
"Don't worry about it", he wiped his tears away when he pulled away.
"Well, but I do worry about it George", I looked at him worried, running my fingers over his cheek.
"It's not important, just a bad dream", he forced himself to smile.
"George..."
"It's fine. Now you're here." He lay back down and snuggled on my chest. I pulled the covers comfortably over both of us and wrapped an arm around him.

"You'll be fine. Everything's gonna be fine again, I promise", I rubbed his back softly and whispered. Quickly he fell asleep again and this time didn't sob or talk or cried. He needed a bigger body lying next to him, giving him safety. He needed Clay back, badly. I bet it had been a bad dream about Clay, I bet.

On the next morning, I woke up to my set alarm clock and quickly turned it off to not wake George up with it. I carefully stood up and let him sleep on in the bed. I got ready for school and when I was finished I got downstairs and made some breakfast. For me and for George. I also put Georges on the table and when I was finished, I stuck a note on the table on which I had written 'Enjoy your meal, see you later <3'

Then I went upstairs and put another piece of paper next to George on the bed that said, 'Breakfast is downstairs. Sleep off and start the day slowly '. Then I grabbed my backpack and went to school.

Once there, I saw a large crowd of many people standing in front of the school. Among them, Clay. He waved to me with a smile. The first thing I asked when I got to him was "How did you sleep?"
"Good, why?", he looked at me confused.
"You lying?", I tilted my head, raising my eyebrows.
"....Yeah...", he pressed his lips together.
"Neither did George....", I looked to the ground worried.

After a while Clay finally broke the silence.
"Okay, guys, you know what to do", he announced to everyone standing there.
"As soon as he is called to the director, we will wait for him outside. If not, then after school", Will smirked.
"Hey, wait for me!", I heard Alex yelling from behind me who was running to us.
"I'll testify then now", I said when I walked into the building to the director office. Just as I was inside, Karl came running from behind and took my hand.

"Here we go", he smiled at me.

_______________________________________________________

~1.156 words~