77. the plan

Nick POV

The four of us sat down at the dining room table and Clay wanted to explain his plan to us, but all he did was stare at the stairs.
"Earth to Clay! Wake up!", Alex waved in front of Clay's eyes.
"He's right here. Right here..... I just had to go up these stairs and open a door, then I would be with him....", Clay said quietly and expressionless.
"But you respect that he doesn't want to see you, right?", Alex said.
"I don't think that George doesn't want to see Clay. It just hurts too much for him", I explained.

"I love you Nick", Clay turned his head to me and weakly smiled.
"Uhm,...thanks?", I gave him a confused glance.
"There has never been a time when you weren't there for me and now you're even there for George too. You are the best friend anyone could wish for", his eyes became wet.
"Wow, okay, no reason to cry buddy", I put my hand on his that was lying on the table and softly stroked it.
"I actually never saw Clay crying before", Alex said out of nowhere.

"Do- do you think he even has the intention to- to come back to me?", Clay quietly sobbed.
"Come on Clay, you are the strongest person I know. Don't let such negative thoughts make you so weak. You can do tha-", I tried to tell him but he cut me off at the end.
"It's not any thoughts that make me weak!", he yelled, "It's George! You can't expect me to be strong when literally the human that is my whole world just left me!"

Alex, Karl and I just stared at him, nobody knew what to say.
"Anyways", Clay eventually wiped away his tears, "This is my plan...." And then he began to explain.

"Basically, it's pretty simple and you don't really have to do a lot. Anyway, while I was out, I talked to a couple of people. My rugby group is on our side. I explained the situation to them and they all help us. They and you will testify against him to the director. If I can also convince our rugby coach, we have even more chances. We'll definitely get him from school with that."

"That's good. But if he knows where you live? How do we keep him away from you in private area?", I asked.
"That's the other thing I did", Clay smiled.
"What did you do?", I got more interested.
"I rounded up our old group."
"Clay? What? Why?", Alex made a disgusted face.
"Wai- listen to him. What have you planned?", I raised a finger to Alex to shush him and continued looking curiously at Clay.

"It took a lot and took a while, but at least I was able to persuade everyone. First of all, you have to know that apparently almost all of them don't feel like bullying anymore and the group has long since disbanded. And I discussed the following with them", Clay leaned forward slightly, "Floris has no chance against them alone. You are 3. Zak, Will and Brian. Then I thought that Alex might want to join in ...", he briefly paused and looked at Alex.

"Anything for you and Gogy", Alex sat straight up and smiled while doing a salute position with his arm.
"Gogy?", Karl giggled.
"Cute nickname, isn't it?", Alex smiled broadly.
"Gogy....", Clay whispered, "...cute."

"Yeah, anyways", he eventually went on, "I thought like, what if they just like beat him up and everything like with George earlier. We have to show him that we can destroy his life too."

"Okay, wait", I bit my lip and raised a finger, "You want to beat him up? That's it?"
"You have a better idea sir?", Clay raised an eyebrow at me.
"Well", I thought for a moment, ".....no...."

"Trust me, I exactly know how it will go. I'll take part too. I'll let this motherfucker regret what he did to George", Clay looked into the void with a killer glance.
"Let me ask you one question Clay", I briefly stepped in, "What do you think would George think about that?"
Clay raised his eyebrows with a small laugh.
"He would say 'beat this fucker up' and would want to join them", he giggled.
"I bet", Alex laughed.

"You don't think he would-", then I reconsidered my thought for a second, "No, you're right. He would find it amazing."
"That's what I said", Clay smirked. At least he wasn't sad anymore and that made me happy.
"Hey, uhm, when do you want to do that?", Alex eventually asked.
"Right tomorrow."
"Ouh, okay", Alex slowly nodded.

"When should we testify?", I asked.
"Tomorrow, preferably right at the beginning of school", Clay tilted his head.
"Okay, when you think everything is gonna work, I leave that up to you", I shrugged my shoulders with a small smile.

"Hey, you guys want to eat or drink something?", I eventually suggested when we just were sitting there in silence.
"No thank you."
"Nah, I'm fine."
"No, thanks."
They all smiled at me.
"So, then, no cheering up George today?", Karl asked with a worried face.
"Actually I don't think that's possible right now. We might really just give him time", I said, completely forgetting that Clay was sitting right across from me.

"Ca- can I do something?", he looked up to me.
"You take care that you don't crash like him too", I smiled weakly at him and gently took his hand.
"I won't give him up. Never. I will get him back. I'll do everything", Clay looked at the stairs again.
"Wait, actually I know what could cheer George up. I think....", Alex said out of nowhere.
"Really, what?", I looked at him curiously.

"This is something that only concerns us", Alex grinned while standing up and walking to the stairs.
"See you guys", he yelled before disappearing upstairs.
"Euh, okay? See you!", I yelled after him.
"Uhm Nick....", Karl looked at me, slightly blushing.
"Yes Karl", I tilted my head with a cute smile.
"Remember what you said earlier?", he asked shyly without looking me in the eyes.
"Yes, I do remember that", I smirked.
"So....I'm home alone today.....", he swallowed heavily.

"Wow, okay, I leave you guys alone", Clay giggled and stood up.
"See you man", I said goodbye to him when we went to the door.
"See ya guys tomorrow, bye", he waved at us before leaving the house.

"I'll just let Alex know, then we can go to yours", I smirked at Karl, standing up. His gaze stayed on the table until I finally gave him a gentle kiss on the cheek. Then he looked up at me, grabbed my neck and pulled me into a passionate kiss.
"Be right back baby", I bit my lip when we had pulled away before quickly running upstairs.

________________________________________________________

~1.163 words~