76. it hurt

Nick POV

"I couldn't get rid of him", Karl said with annoyed expression when I opened the door for him and Alex jumped into the house from behind Karl.
"Alex? What are you doi-", I asked confused but got interrupted by him.
"George and Clay broke up! That's horrible!", he said like a little child.
"Just before I wanted to go to you, he rang my doorbell and started talking and talking. Then he really wanted to go with me", Karl looked at me, still with the annoyed face, while entering the house too.

"Did you tell him? But how do you know, I didn't tell you yet", I gave Karl a confused glance.
"No, actually he told me....however he knows it", Karl shrugged his shoulders.
"Clay told me in school", Alex said, "Like, not actually told me, I- he- it's difficult. I just know it now."
"Okay, so that you both know now anyway, it's not that bad. Clay said he has an idea to fix the thing with Floris and I need you gu-", I wanted to explain and again got interrupted by Alex.

"Ouh yes, this Floris, I've been watching him. I noticed early on that the guy had his eye on Clay and that George didn't really like that, but I wouldn't have thought that was the reason for their breakup...", he paused for a second while I raised my eyebrows at him, "Okay wait I'm confused why did George break up?"
I sighed.

"It would be too complicated to tell in detail, in summary you can say that the guy would be able to make Clay's and George's 'life to hell' ", I said, "but that is actually not important now. We just need a solution to get rid of him. And that's what I was going to-", aaaand again Alex interrupted me.

"I'll help!", he yelled up.
"Good", I raised my eyebrows while pressing my lips together, "As I already told you, Clay said he has an idea and is currently working on it I think. If he needs us, he will come to us. Now I think we should cheer George up, first of all. That's why I would need you guys."
"Everything for George", Alex smiled determined.
"Agreed", Karl rested his arm on my shoulder. It looked cute how his arm lifted up to lie there.

"And...I thought", I whispered to him while turning a bit away from Alex to make sure he doesn't hear anything, "...when this here is over and you know, everything's fine again so we don't have to worry about our friends anymore,..."
"Get to the point", Karl giggled quietly.
"I thought....", I continued, "We maybe could, you know...?" I raised one eyebrow at him with a small smirk. Karl got bright red.

"I, uhm....wha- what do you mean by 'you know'?", he stuttered nervously.
"Ouh, you know exactly what I mean by that", I smirked more and leaned my head closer to kiss, "I miss your body..."
"Hey, what are you guys whispering?", Alex suddenly said when Karl got even redder.
"No- nothing!", Karl quickly turned back to Alex and so did I.

"Why, did you talk about sex?", Alex laughed. Karl just got redder and looked to the floor, swallowing. I widened my eyes and opened my mouth to say no, but nothing came out.
"Ouh...", Alex smiled awkwardly to the floor, "...why am I so good with guessing today"

"Okayyyyyy", I finally broke the silence, "Let's have a look at George!"
"Agreed", Karl just said and walked quickly, still red, to the stairs. We went upstairs and I slowly opened the door of the room George was lying in.

"George?", I carefully asked when we all entered the room and saw George on the bed with closed eyes and a red face because of the crying.
"What...", he grumbled.
"Hey George", Karl whispered going over to him slowly.
"Karl?", George quickly opened his eyes and saw us all standing there.
"What are you doing here?", George asked confused.

"Just wanted to visit you", Karl smiled innocently.
"You told them?", George looked up to me.
"Yes,...no, wait, actually I didn't. Bu- but I would've anyway, so technically yes."
"Clay told me and I told Karl", Alex said.
"Clay?", Georges eyes wandered to Alex and his eyes got wet again.
"How is he?", he asked quietly.
"Uh.....", Alex looked at me.

"Should I tell him the truth or what cheers him up?", he whispered to me with an helpless expression. I sighted.
"Nothing about Clay could cheer him up right now", I whispered back before turning back to George.
"He- he's-...", Alex searched for words, "Uh,...okay, he's shit. He's literally dead inside man. Nick even saw worse when Clay opened up to him, right?"
"Alex!", I whispered loudly to him angrily.
"What? If he's sad anyway, we can tell him the truth, can't we?", he raised his eyebrows with an awkward smile.

"Uch, it's not about-...okay, just- nevermind", I sighed again.
"Why are you here?", George wiped his tears away.
"What do you think about a walk George? Or do you want to go ice skating? You like that, right? What do you want to do?", Karl sat down beside him onto the bed.
"You guys don't have to cheer me up or whatever you're going to do here. I just want to be alone please", George lay back down and snuggled into the blanket.

"No George, you can't just lie here all day long", my voice got a little louder.
"And why not?", George looked at me expressionless.
"Because-", the ranged doorbell interrupted me.
"Uh, I'll be right back", and with that I left the room and quickly ran downstairs.

George POV

When Nick was gone, the other both were just staring at me.
"And, how's it going Alex?", I eventually broke the silence.
"What?", he gave me a confused look.
"You know what I mean."
"Uhm, I-"

But then I heard a voice downstairs. Nick hadn't closed the door when he went downstairs and now you could hear everything from up here. It was Clay. I couldn't exactly understand what they were saying, but I just heard his voice and that alone caused me to sit up and stop breathing while my tears came back.

"They're upstairs, but-", I could understand Nick before hearing someone coming the stairs up.
"Alex, Karl, I need your help, you-", I heard Clay coming closer until he stood right in the door frame. When he saw me he fell silent and we stared at each other. He breathed fast and I couldn't even feel myself breathing anymore.

"George...", he whispered and slowly stepped forward. As I slowly crawled back on the bed, luckily Nick came from behind, grabbed Clay and yanked him back.
"I said no!", I heard him yelling.
"BUT-", Clay yelled back, but didn't continue. I couldn't see him anymore now, but my body was still tensed.

"Guys, come out and close the door. We need to talk", I heard Nick saying and Alex and Karl quickly left the room before closing the door. I slowly lay down again and buried my face in a pillow while crawling my numb body into the blanket. I could hear them walking downstairs. Tears welled out of my eyes and it was difficult for me to breathe. I saw him, it hurt. It hurt to see the person you loved but couldn't have.

_________________________________________________________

~1.240 words~