Chapter 42 | Advice

( Eren's pov)

 The class was empty until y/n showed up as she sat next to me she pulled out her notebook 

"did you finish your speech "

"My speech! I didn't even write it".

"Are you serious" I found it cute seeing her all worked up 

"This isn't funny I totally forgot about it, did you write yours?"

"Yeah, I finished it last night after I left your dorm"

"Shit I'm gonna just wing it" she took a pen and started writing in her notebook.

I should ask y/n if she wants to join me on Grisha's boat, that way I'll be less bored and actually enjoy my time there.

"Do you remember when I told you my dad bought a boat"

"Mmhm".

"Well he's taking it out on the water soon and I'm hoping you can come with me. On the boat".

"Yeah, I'd love to"

I nodded my head and left her to finish her speech as time passed the class started y/n was still writing her speech as class was going. Hange called on y/n and told her it's time for her speech.

"Shit" I heard her whisper.

"Is it okay if I go first?" I said holding my hand up. This way She'll have a little more time to finish her speech.

Hange yes, I got up from my seat I took my speech, and walked to the front of the class.

As I looked at my speech I was re-reading it as I forgot what I even wrote before I fell asleep.

"You can read now," hange said.

"Shit, I can't read this, it's basically a love letter," I told myself. I panicked and started to read the first half.

"Uh, what is art. It can be many things, colors on a canvas, led on a piece of paper, um music, but what is it to me".

I cut myself off any further I couldn't read this out loud I'll just give it to hange later.

"Eren?" hange said.

"That's all I wrote, I didn't finish it".

Hange was confused and told me to take a seat as they called y/n up, after her speech She sat back down.

"You wanna talk about what was all that," she said.

"I don't know what you mean?"

"Come on eren you told me you had it finished and all a sudden you didn't?"

"I lied so what"

"Well why did you lie"

"Because i just didn't wanna read all of it"

"Why?"

"You ask so many questions you know that y/n"

"I wouldn't if you just told me why"

"It was just personal y/n now can we leave it at that"

"I guess so"

"Was that mean?" I asked myself.

After class was over I handed hange my speech. And explained to them.

As days passed it was the day of the boat I was gonna pick y/n up and drive down there I was nervous from Mikasa I haven't talked to her and she wouldn't be pleased with y/n there.