Chapter 39 | Numbness

The next morning I continued my day with the same heartache. I was planning to meet Marco after Hange's class. I sat in Levi's class waiting for it to end. Once it finally did I gathered my stuff. as I was about to walk out Levi called me.

"l/n," he said as he called me with his finger. I stood in front of him at his desk.

"Yes, professor?"

"The assignment I made you do, why didn't I get what's love to you, why did I get different peoples versions".

"I didn't have one-"

"Everyone has one, you said it yourself".

"I don't know okay, the whole love thing is complicated to me right now".

"I don't care about your love life, whatever you have going on with eren has nothing to do with your work".

"How did you know-" 

"Doesn't take a genius to figure out, Zeke even knows and he's the dumbest piece of shit I know".

"You know, Zeke is a really big fan of you-"

"Do I give a shit? He's nothing but another one of you females drooling over me, only different he's a middle-aged man that thinks a gorilla can beat a lion, tch even I can beat a gorilla, weak piece of shit".

Levi looked at me as he knew he got carried away. "I want you to redo your assessment or I'm failing you, now get out of my classroom".

I stepped out of the classroom and walked to the dining hall where I found Sasha and Connie sitting alone. I sat with them as they were bricking over something again.

"What is it now?" I said.

"Jean," they both said.

"Jean? Why jean?"

"Connie's mad he's hanging out with eren again and I told him no big deal".

"No, he's not just hanging out with eren he's ignoring me, history is repeating it's self".

"Connie no it's not, your being overdramatic". Sasha said.

"He has trust issues, I don't think he's being overdramatic, but don't worry Connie-"

"Don't tell me not to worry when your boyfriend is a piece of shit-"

"Connie!" Sasha said.

"Don't worry Sasha, he's not my boyfriend and he is a piece of shit, and jean knows that as well. So don't worry".

"Whatever" Connie got up from the table and left.

"Something happened with you and Yeager?" 

"Yeah, but it doesn't matter, we're done, it's behind me, I have better things to look forward to".

"Like what?" ymir said behind me, taking a seat.

"My plans in life".

"And those are".

"I don't know ymir, that's why I have free time to think about it, instead of wasting my thoughts on eren. Damn, I'm really craving a milkshake right now?"

"Replacing Eren thoughts with food, I love it!" Sasha said.

I checked my time to see hange's class was about to begin. I didn't bother showing up early this time.

 I once I left the table and walked into hange's class as they were about to start. I looked around and didn't see eren. "Did he really drop out?"