Chapter 21 | Cook-off

A couple of days passing and I haven't seen eren in art class, he wouldn't answer my text either. Ymir told me to just let it pass this could be my opportunity to let go of eren. Each time I would see jean I never brought up why he lied to me as I didn't wanna start a problem with him. me and jean were finally normal. I would feel mad at times but I pushed the feelings away.

Me and jean really started to bond more during all of this. he's even made me not think about eren. Something that felt impossible these days.

It was the day before the cook-off, niccole came in town and sasha made us dinner reservations to meet him. She told me to dress nicely since were going to a sushi restaurant, I slipped on a nice black silk dress along with some heels and a touch of makeup.

Hearing a knock I go to answer it expecting Sasha.

"Jean?" I said once I saw who was out my door. he was dressed in a white dress shit and a black vest along with black dress pants.

"You ready?" he asked.

"Yeah, but are Sasha and Connie suppose to pick me up?"

"Sasha met niccole there and Connie can't come".

What? So it's just gonna be me and you. 

"And Sasha and niccole" jean added. "It will be like a double date"

"Without the dating," I said.

Jean sighed, "you look lovely y/n".

"Thanks and you look quite handsome".

"Shall we KitKat" jean said handing me his hand. "We shall," I said taking his hand.

Me and jean walked out of campus and went into his car and headed to the sushi restaurant.

we walked in and were instantly greeted by a host that brought us to Sasha's table. "y/n! Jean!" Sasha shouted. Niccole stood up and shook our hands "glad to finally meet you" I told the blonde boy.

"You as well," niccole said. Jean pulled the chair out for me to sit down. Jean sat next to me across from niccole and I sat across from Sasha.

"Sasha talks about you so much, your food especially I hope to try it one day".

"Definitely will, before I leave back I'll cook you guys up something," he said.

"How long you're staying? Jean asked.

"a week," he said. 

Once the waiter came by the table they took our drink orders. We all made small talk after our drinks arrived and we ordered our food.

I grabbed my drink and started to take a drink.

"So how long you guys been dating," niccole said.

I choked a little on my drink causing a little to spray everywhere. 

"You okay there?" jean asked.

"Yeah sorry that caught me off guard, but yeah me and jean ain't dating we're just really good friends".

"Oh my bad, didn't mean to assume" 

"No, it's fine. I mean jean is a great guy, and we're really close I could see why you would think that".

"Yeah," jean said in a low tone.

"Uh I need to clean up a bit, I'll be back," I said.

Getting up from the table I walk to the bathroom and wet a paper napkin wiping the drink I spit out on myself. seeing a wet spot on my dress I take another napkin and start patting it dry. walking out of the restroom I ran into someone not paying attention. "I'm sorry I wasn't looking," I said. once I looked up I was caught by surprise.