Chapter 29 | Accident

once I stepped back into the ballroom, I sat down at a table with ymir, historia, and Frieda.

"Where's eren, I was hoping to meet him". Ymir said.

"Yeah we'll your probably not, he left".

"Why?" Historia asked.

"No idea".

"You have to have some idea," Frieda added in.

"No, I really have no clue, he just didn't wanna be here".

"Did he say anything for the cause?" Frieda said.

"Me apparently".

"You?" ymir said.

"Yup," I said taking a sip of the champagne.

"Let's go," ymir said as she got up from the table. 

"No, I'm not going".

"y/n"

"Nope I know exactly what you're gonna do, so I'm not going".

"Why not and don't say my birthday".

"I am gonna say your birthday".

"Make it my birthday present then"

"I already got you one, so no".

"Give me another one".

"No, ymir if you want just wait till midnight-. Oh my- midnight".

"Midnight? What? You gonna turn into Cinderella or something?"

"No, at midnight it will be 7 days. I hope he didn't leave".

I stood up and went to go find eren. I looked out of the ballroom and around the house. I even called Eren's name. "He really left," I told myself.

I walked back into the ballroom. My eyes scanned around the room to maybe see if he walked back in. no sight of him I gave up. The place started to feel crowded to me as I wanted to be alone.

I saw the balcony with the banner hanging up only seeing a few people. I walked up there and stood in the center leaning on the ledge watching everyone dance, and talk, and having a good time.

I saw ymir smiling with the glass of champagne in her hand as historia was next to her looking up at her as she also smiled.

I started smiling thinking of the thought she's gonna say she loves her tonight. I'm so happy for them if anyone deserves a happy ending it's them they were made for each other.

My smile started to fade when the thought of eren came to mind. Maybe I shouldn't have walked away from him.

A couple more minutes passing by I stood up there watching everyone as I zoned out of reality into my own thoughts. 

A party blower blew into my face. I snap out of my daze and seen eren with the party blower into his mouth.

Rolling my eyes I look back downstairs.

"You're mad at me," he said, leaning on the ledge.

As much as I wanted to give in and talk to him, I didn't know what to say.

"You don't have to talk to me, but at least look at me".

I looked towards Eren as he just stood there with his mouth slightly open as he wanted to say something. 

He sighed. "I'm sorry, and I hate the fact that I have to apologize in the first place. But listen, like you said let's just play pretend, not because I don't wanna talk but because I know you want to enjoy yourself and I ruined it for you, so let me make it up to you".