195. Twoset Traceurs III

Start from the beginning

Eddy grimaced with the thought of Brett plummeting.

"Sh*t.. so when did they stop?"

"It settled down when we moved in together."

"Oh."

Brett bit his lower lip again.

"Eddy.. are you..not happy with this arrangement..? Do you find what we have is unstable and causing you anxiety?"

Brett felt Eddy's grip on him tightened.

"Ow..Eddy?"

"Sorry."

Eddy quickly loosened the grip he had on Brett's arms.

"...I think so."

Brett furrowed his brows. He then smiled as he replied to his best friend of 15 years;

"Eddy, for goodness sake, you should know that there is nothing to worry about.."

"..What would you know about my worries, Brett?"

Brett was taken aback by Eddy's harsh response.

"What are they then? Please tell me."

Eddy's voice shook and hitched;

"W..when you ..want something more but the other.. doesn't"

Brett's eyes widened in surprise.

"You're worried that the other doesn't? How would you f*cking know?"

Eddy scoffed his reply;

"Oh c'mon. Cos the other has never ever f*ckin' asked for more."

Brett scoffed back;

"Well, neither has the other other?!!"

Eddy momentarily looked confused.

"Whaddya mean by the other other? Is the other other.. me?"

"Um.. yeah."

"Well, the other other.. he's too chicken. Wouldn't be able to handle rejection."

"And what makes you think the other can?"

"He's... I dunno..stronger than me"

"F*ck Eddy how would you know?! I've been sh*tting myself about what I could do for months and have convinced myself that I should just be grateful for what I have got going. And so I am.. I am really happy."

Eddy looked at Brett suspiciously.

"Are you sure about that Brett? Cos that kinda sounds like you're in some kind of stupid denial of not being entirely happy but just pretending to be ."

Brett glared at Eddy and scoffed;

"I'm not in some kind of stupid denial. I am truly grateful for what we have going now and I'm not taking any of it for granted. I hope my actions have been reflecting my words. And for your information, I dunno how you can call the other stupid when meanwhile the other other is being more stupid by bottling things up in him so much that he puked from a nightmare."

"Oh f*ck you Brett."

Brett pulled back and glared at the person who has caused him so much anguish.

"...that's not very nice."

"Well, what you just said before wasn't nice either."

Now the two were glaring at each other.  It was Brett that softened his eyes first.

"Eddy.. I heard you."

"...Heard what?"

"What you said as you woke up before. You said I love you too much."

Eddy's face went crimson red.

"Did either of us say that in your dream?"

Eddy couldn't answer.

"Eddy?"

Eddy stammered;

"Alright, okay..!! Yeah.. we.. we've both said it..."

"We have!?"

"Yeah.. last night..those were your last words before you let go of my hand and fell..."

"Oh"

"And just now.. tonight.. it was my turn.. I said the same thing before I let go of your hand to fall to my death"

Brett's eyes widened in shock.

"Oh my god that's.. so upsetting."

Eddy sighed.

"Brett.. I'm afraid that I do... "

"Don't be. Because.. I.. I can take it. I can take it all, I promise."

"Huh?"

Brett pulled Eddy into his chest.

"Don't ever be afraid of.. loving me too much. I can take it. It won't ever be too much for me, okay?  And I'll love you back even more."

A/N: This concludes the trilogy of Twoset Traceurs. Thank you for your reading and I hope you enjoyed it.