Chapter 36

Elise’s POV

Austin told me he had a big surprise for me tonight and I’m not sure why dinner was going to be surprising. Sure it was a big fancy restaurant but still… Austin gave me his credit card to go out with Erin and buy some nice clothes. It kind of pissed me off just because he wouldn’t let me pay for it. But I didn’t bring any dresses with me to California so I would need something a bit dressier than band merch. So I headed off to the stores with Erin to find a dress.

“What do you think could be so big about tonight? Like is it just because we haven’t ever had a formal date or…?” I asked Erin but she was too busy looking through all the dresses in the store. “This place is way too expensive, Erin. I can’t use Austin’s money, this feels wrong.” I sighed as Erin pulled a dress off of the rack.

“Ooo this one!” She squealed holding it up to me. I looked at it, raised an eyebrow and shook my head. She frowned. “Why not?” She asked.

“You just love vintage.” I said sticking my tongue out at her. “I have my own style I’m sure that’s what Austin wants to see.” I said brushing a hand through all of the dresses on the rack as I walked past them. And then I stopped. I pulled a dress off of the rack and held it up.

“This one.” I said and Erin turned around to look. Her eyes lit up. I ran to the dressing room and tried it on. It was a red strapless dress with a sweetheart neck line and went all the way down to my ankles. It was flowy and the perfect shade of red. It was perfect. I came out of the dressing room and Erin’s jaw dropped.

“You have to get this one.” She said spinning her finger in a motion telling me to turn around. I did and when I faced her again she grabbed the price tag attached to the top of the dress. “199.99.” She said reading the price off the tag. “What’s the sales tax in California?” She asked. I shrugged my shoulders.

“I think 10% maybe?” I said. Then Erin quickly begun calculating the amount we would have to spend.

“So that would be 219.99 I believe. Or just about anyway.” She said and let go of the tag. “Wait here and I’ll find you some heals!” She said with a smile and ran off. I sighed. I hated heals and she knew that. But this was for Austin. He told me to look nice and I was going to show him a side of me that nobody’s ever seen.