Chapter 22

Austin’s POV

(February 5th meaning 3 days after the concert in Maryland on February 2nd)

“Hey.” I said sitting down next to Tino on the couch. It was morning and everyone was still asleep.

“Hey…” Tino said sounding off. Something must be bothering him. We were going to New York tonight and his girlfriend was going to be there, what could be wrong with that?

“What’s wrong?” I ask. He looks at me and runs a hand through his dark hair. He shakes his head and looks down at his lap.

“It’s Sarah… Well her dad anyway…” He says and lets out a huge sigh. Sarah’s dad had a heart condition and sometimes it gave out. Recently he had a heart attack and Tino has been off ever since he got the news. “Tonight was going to be our night together but with her dad in the hospital we might not be able to do that. I’m going to meet her family under the worst circumstances and she says that he might not make it this time. She says it scares her and I’m scared for her…” He shakes his head again still looking down. I’ve never seen him like this.

“I’m sure he will be fine. I have a heart condition and I’m still going strong.” I say trying to find any words to help comfort him. He shook his head.

“He’s old, and you’re strong, a lot stronger than him. I’m just worried I guess…” He said and chewed on the inside of his cheeks trying to force a smile on his lips. I sighed and patted his back. I didn’t have any words of wisdom I haven’t had any experience there.

“I’m sorry.” I said. It’s all I really could say in a situation like this.

“It’s okay I just hope he makes it…” He said and put his head in his hands. As he did this I heard a sleepy Elise walk through the curtain and I turned to see her. She stretched out her arms and smiled at me. Her band t-shirt, that she must have just thrown on, because she didn’t wear shirts to bed only sports bras, lifted up a bit and exposed part of her stomach. I could see her Pierce the Veil tattoo and I smiled at her. She walked over to me and curled up next to my side, I hugged her close to me and she let out a yawn.

“Good morning.” I whispered into her ear. “How did you sleep?” I asked. She looked up into my eyes and smiled.

“Wonderful.” She replied and I put my forehead to hers. “What about you?” She asked and bit her lip. God did that drive me crazy.

“I don’t think I’ve ever slept better than in these past few days with you next to me.” I said and smiled. She lifted her head a little so she could press her lips on mine. When we let go she snuggled back into my side and I kept my arms around her. I looked at Tino who was trying to avoid our awkward couple scene by playing on his laptop. I laughed to myself. It’s crazy to think that all of this happened only a few days ago. That I found this girl that I really like and that I am taking her on tour and that after tour she might be moving in with me. It was amazing, it was a dream.