Chapter 2

I looked up and the sun was in my face. I took out my head phones and blinked trying to make out who it was. “Hey, I love that band.” They said looking at my Phone that I was listening to my music on. I know that voice. I squinted my eyes really hard at the tall guy in front of me.

“Austin?” I asked. He laughed and he reached out his hand to help me up.

“You guys are here super early. That’s dedication. You must be freezing.” He said still smiling at me. I pulled my hood off and nudged Erin with my foot to wake her up. She shook her head and looked up at us. She jumped up next to me and stared at her idol.

“Oh my god you’re Austin Carlile.” She said her eyes still transfixed on him.

“Yes, I am.” He laughed. “And you two are?” He asked.

“My names Erin and that’s Elise. We love you and your music. Where’s everyone else?” She asked. He smiled at her fast talking.

“They’re still on the bus we just got here actually. We had some trouble last night and it took us longer than expected.”

“I’m sorry about that.” Erin said. But then she smiled again. “Can we get a picture?” She asked enthusiastically. He nodded. She handed me her phone and stood next to him. She was so short compared to him. She was 4’11” and he was 6’5” the difference between them was unbelievable. I took the picture and then handed the phone back to her and she smiled and gave him a hug. I then leaned my back up against the brick wall.

“Don’t you want a picture?” Austin asked. He seemed a bit offended that I didn’t ask. I shrugged.

“I guess.” I didn’t really care he was probably busy I didn’t want to bother him. I handed Erin my phone and I stood next to Austin. Just before she took the photo I felt something warm on my cheek. Once she took the picture I looked over and notice that it was Austin kissing my cheek. He pulled away and smiled at me. “What was that?” I laughed and he shrugged.

“Do you guys want to hang out in the bus with us? It’s way too cold out for you to be out here for like 10 hours.” Austin asked.

“Yes!!” Erin said trying to keep as calm as possible. I was hesitant. I know this was Austin and everything but if we leave the line we aren’t guaranteed the first spot in line anymore.

“I don’t know…” I said looking at Austin. He gave me puppy dog eyes. And I laughed at him. “That doesn’t work on me you know.” I said. I bit my lip and thought about it for a minute.

“Come on!” He said grabbing my hands playfully. “It’ll be fun I promise and if at any time you aren’t having fun you can leave.” He smiled and played with my hands.

“Come on this is Austin and Of Mice & Men we are talking about Elise. You can’t say no to him!” Erin said. I sighed in defeat. I wasn’t going to give up this opportunity. Austin smiled again and took my hand and led us to the bus. He knocked on the door and Alan opened it. He froze for a second. He was not expecting Austin to have two girls with him. He looked at us, shrugged, and then went back inside. We all sat down on the couch. Austin and Erin sat on both of my sides.

“Hey everyone, this is Elise and Erin. They got here super early so I hope you don’t mind them hanging out for a bit.” Austin said introducing us to the band. Alan sat on the opposite side of us and examined both me and Erin.

“I do not mind at all.” Alan said smiling at me. I smiled back. “So you’re Elise?” He asked and reached out his hand to shake mine.

“Yeah and that’s Erin.” I said pointing to her she waved. He nodded his head.

“Cool.” He smiled again. Was it me or was he being a bit overly friendly with me? It was kind of cool but at the same time everything felt like a dream. Maybe I had fallen asleep outside of the venue. I sure hope not because this was a dream come true.

“Hey Alan I need to talk to you in the back for a second. It’s about the show last night.” Austin said standing up.

“Okay, but I don’t see why you couldn’t talk about it here.” Alan said standing up and following him.

“I don’t want to ruin the surprise for them.” He said and smiled at us one more time before disappearing into the bunk area.

“What do you think that was about?” Erin asked turning towards me.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“Um, Alan, he was like undressing you with his eyes. You are so blind to everything. Ugh.” She rolled her eyes at me and crossed her arms over her chest.

“No he wasn’t…” I said thinking about it.

“Um, yes hunny he was. He looked at you with bedroom eyes the minute you walked in. If you are going to steal him from me at least notice what the signs.” Erin said leaning her back up against the back of the bench.

“Whoa, I’m not stealing anyone. I don’t even know Alan. I’m not that into gingers anyway you know that.” I said. “Plus I’m sure he was only trying to be friendly.”

“Whatever…” She said blowing me off. Was she seriously getting mad over someone neither one of us had a chance with? Sure she was my best friend but she could be impossible sometimes.