Chapter 20

Elise’s POV

I slid the curtain to Austin’s bunk aside and there he was. He was awake still. Like he was waiting for me, expecting me. I liked it. I stared at his bare chest and traced the outlines of his tattoos with my eyes. He looked over at me and watched as I examined him. I crawled into the bunk and slowly closed the curtain.

“So, how’s everything going?” I asked almost sarcastically as I climbed practically on top of him.

“Fine, now that you’re here.” He said and smiled. I took my fingers and traced over some of his tattoos. They were so intricate and wonderful. I loved the colors, I loved the design, and I loved the meanings. I was excited to see what other tattoos he had. I wanted to get to know each one and its story. I wanted to see his ‘lambs into lions’ tattoo on his thighs. I thought about this as I started playing with his belt. Our eyes stayed locked on each other the entire time. He stopped me. “What tattoos do you have?” He asked looking up and down my semi-exposed body. I smiled. If I wanted to show him my tattoos I was going to have to expose my skin. A lot of skin.

“Which ones do you want to see?” I asked with a small smile and bit down on my lip. He bit his bottom lip and then continued to look up and down the contours of my body.

“All of them.” He said and formed a sly smile with his lips. I thought about it. He could probably already see my thigh tattoo and my collar bone one. Maybe I should start there.

“Well this one says ‘I refuse to sink’ with a little anchor see?” I said practically shoving my collar bone in his face. And He kissed it gently and sucked it slightly. I let out a small laugh. “This one on my thigh is a skeleton who is supposed to be death with his scythe. His hand is reaching out inviting you into death. It has the words ‘Death can be just so inviting’ around it. I got this when I was struggling with depression.” I said and he started tracing a finger around the skeleton figure. Those were all of the visible ones.

“Do you have anymore?” He asked with a smile. He knew I did. He could tell by the way I bit my lip and was over thinking it. I sat on his stomach and pulled off my OM&M shirt to expose my stomach and the only Victoria Secret bra I have ever owned. It was lacey but with it on and him seeing me in it I felt vulnerable what if he didn’t like what he saw? I wondered what the chances were that I would pick today to wear it. It was laundry day and it was the only bra I hadn’t worn this week. I guess I was lucky.

“This one on my side…” I pointed to the treble cleft that went up and down my whole right side. It had ribbons laced around it that said ‘I’m married to the music for better or for worse.’ Song lyrics.

“You Me at Six.” Austin said nodding in approval as I watched him examine my body.

“Yeah… And the last one is on my hip.” I said and slid my shorts off. I still felt a little uncomfortable and vulnerable.

“Pierce the Veil?” He asked. He seemed to love it. It was a scene of a boy and a girl and he was holding out stars for her and it had the lyrics ‘I hope I like the stars I stole for you’ written above it.

“Yeah, I had Vic write the lyrics above it.” I said not wanting to wait any longer.

“Is that it?” He asked. His question snapped me out of whatever fantasy realm I had been letting my mind wonder off to. The look his eyes gave my body made my mind wonder, my thoughts race, and my heart pound so loud I could hear it in my ears. I could tell the want was growing in my eyes because I could see it written all over Austin’s face as well.

“I have your lyrics written on my lower back.” I said with a small blush. I felt a little embarrassed to tell him that now considering the circumstances. He smiled.

“Which ones?” He asked smiling. He was curious I could see in his eyes he could spend forever tracing my tattoos with his eyes or his fingertips.

“’The only thing left to lose is time.’” I replied. They were my favorite lyrics in the song ‘Ben Threw.’ He smiled and then he attacked. He grabbed my face and pulled me down to where he was and kissed me. The clothes started to fall off both of our already half naked bodies. It didn’t take long before I could see every tattoo on his body. And I loved seeing each one being revealed as the clothes were peeled off.