Chapter 3

When Austin and Alan came back in and sat down Alan seemed different. He didn’t look at me as much and he avoided eye contact. Austin sat down next to me again and put his arm around the back of the bench behind me.

“Don’t you have to do sound check or something?” I ask Austin. He hasn’t taken his eyes off of me for about 5 minutes.

“Are you trying to get rid of us?” He asked with a small laugh. He grabbed a piece of my hair and brushed it off of my shoulder. He looked up into my eyes and smiled again.

“No, I just thought that’s what bands had to do before shows.” I say as our eyes are still locked on each other. Erin was on the other side of the bus now sitting with Alan. They were having their own conversations. I didn’t mind it I liked being able to talk to Austin one on one.

“Well, yes but our manager will come and tell us when we need to do that. Don’t stress about it. You guys can come back stage with us for that we won’t leave you.” He smiled again. “Hey,” He said suddenly. “Want to check out the bus. I can give you a tour.” Austin said jumping up. He took both of my hands and pulled me up next to him. We walked past a curtain into the bunk room. He closed the curtain behind me and followed me back a little bit. “So this is my bunk and this is Alan’s, Tino’s, and Phil’s.” I nodded looking at the curtain covered bunks. Then he took my hand and led me farther back. “This is the back lounge, and that is the smallest bathroom you will ever see along with the world’s smallest shower.” He sat down on one of the couches in the back lounge. I sat down next to him and looked around. I turned back towards Austin and his face was just inches from mine.

“Austin, you scared me.” I said with a small laugh. I moved a little farther away from him.

“I’m sorry.” He said moving closer again. “I want to see your eyes.” He said still staring at me.

“That was random.” I said and looked into his eyes so he could see mine. 

“I’m kind of a random person.” He said with a small laugh. He looked down at my lips quickly and without thinking about it I bit my lip. He then suddenly pressed his lips to mine and held them there. I backed up a little at first but then I gave in. He put his hands in my hair and then he removed his lips from mine and placed them on my neck. He started moving further down with kisses. But I brushed him away.

“What are you doing?” I asked with a laugh. It’s not that I didn’t like it. It’s just… I barely knew Austin and it was a bit strange that this was happening to me.

“I don’t know something just came over me I guess.” He said looking down at our hands. He was playing with my hands again. He seemed embarrassed about it. I lifted my hand to his chin and made him look at me again. Our faces were just inches from each other.

“I didn’t say I didn’t like it.” I whispered and kissed him again.