Chapter 5

Elise’s POV

“Alan’s so cute. He’s so romantic. I don’t know he’s just perfect.” Erin said as she swooned. I rolled my eyes at her. She slapped my arm.

“What was that?” I asked.

“Now I know I am not the only one that had fun on that bus. What were you two doing back there?” a smile formed on my lips remembering the feel of his soft warm lips. “Something did happen! Tell me!!” She squealed.

“We just… Kissed… That’s all.” I said trying not to make a big deal out of it but my smile and blush gave it away.

“That’s not all it was to you. You like him. Like, a lot I can tell.” Erin folded her arms over her chest and stuck her nose up in the air in triumph.

“So what if I do? Lots of girls like him. It probably doesn’t mean anything to him anyway. I’m just another girl in the crowd to him.” I said resting my back against the back of the couch. I looked up at the ceiling. I definitely hoped he didn’t see me like that. I hoped he really liked me the way I liked him but he was famous he could get any girl he wanted and I was just one of many.

“Yeah but do all girls get invited into his tour bus and taken to the back lounge? Do all girls get to sit in the green room and wait for him to finish sound check? Face it he likes you, you like him just get a room and make some babies or something…” I laughed at her.

“This is why you are my best friend. We may be in our twenties but we still act like our high school selves.” I laughed some more. Austin and Alan entered the room and sat down next to each of us.

“What’s so funny?” Austin asked me.

“Erin just made a joke… It’s nothing.” I said. He did not need to hear this joke.

“Well sound check is over we won’t be on for a few hours now. We could go back to the bus if you’d like.” Austin said. I looked at Erin.

“You guys go and Alan and I will stay here.” She said and winked at me. I rolled my eyes at her and got up and left with Austin. He held my hand and we ran back to the bus trying not to get noticed by the line. But who were we kidding he was 6’5 and had a slipknot shirt on how could you not notice him?

When we got back into the bus he immediately grabbed my waist and started kissing me. I was a bit shocked at first. I wasn’t expecting it. He started pulling me towards the bunks his lips now on my neck. He pulled me into the back lounge and threw me onto the couch. I stopped him.

“Why me?” I asked. I was genuinely curious.

“Hm?” Austin asked giving me small kisses on my jaw line.

“Why do you want me? Why did you see me on the street and decide to invite me in here and then start doing all of this?”

“I don’t know. You just seemed different. I saw you and thought you were beautiful, stunning actually. But then when you treated me like just a person you didn’t ask for a picture or freak out that I was talking to you…. You just seemed perfect.” He said playing with a piece of my hair.

“I am in no way perfect Austin.” I said sitting up. He sat down next to me and looked into my eyes.

“You are to me.” He said. I shook my head and looked down in my lap. I know I was having the most romantic scene with my idol but I didn’t feel perfect. In that moment I felt like the most imperfect and unworthy person. He deserved so much better and I just didn’t understand what he saw in me.

“But I’m not… There’s so much about me that’s not perfect. I’m not trying to whore for attention but… You know I was actually hoping you would visit the line today. I wanted to tell you something actually.” I said still looking down.

“What’s that?” He asked nuzzling his head into my neck.

“I wanted to tell you,” I took a deep breath. “Because of you and this band I haven’t cut in 4 months… I know I sound stupid saying it now but,-”

“No you don’t sound stupid at all.” He said cutting me off. He grabbed my arms and pulled up my sleeves to expose my scars. His face seemed to drop to disappointment but then it changed. He pulled my sleeves back down and then looked into my eyes. “I am so proud of you.” He said and then hugged me. He put his forehead on mine and looked me straight in the eyes. “I still think you’re perfect.” He smiled and kissed me.