Chapter 6

Austin’s POV

I might be weird but her scars make her even more beautiful. They show how strong she is. It made me long to know her story. I wanted to hold her and let her just spill her life story out onto me like I was a piece of paper. Whoa, who am I? I may be a singer but I’m not a poet where are these thoughts coming from. I’m not in love, am I?

I held her in my arms now, my hands slipping up her shirt as our tongues intertwined. She pulled back from me and I let out a soft groan at the loss of contact. What was it now? Did she really not want to be with me?

“What?” I asked trying not to sound annoyed.

“We barely know each other and you’re trying to go somewhere farther than the couch.” She said pulling her knees into her chest. She rested her head on her knees and looked at me. Her deep blue eyes were so appealing I didn’t want to talk right now. I’m surprised she couldn’t see the want in my eyes. Or maybe she could and she was just teasing me now.

“What do you want to know?” I asked taking her into my arms. We sat on the couch her back leaned back against my chest.

“I don’t know… I feel like you’ve answered all my questions in interviews…” She said playing with my hand that now rested on her stomach.

“Well then what’s there to talk about?” I asked.

“Well, you don’t know anything about me.” I smiled; I guess it was time to be diary pages she could speak her words onto.

“So you want me to ask you questions?” I asked. She rolled over laying her stomach over my knees and nodded. “Okay well, what’s your last name?”

“Welker.” She replied.

“Family situation?”

“Parents have been split for more years than I can count my one brother is a druggie and the other has been a father since he was my age.” Austin was taken slightly back by how calmly she shrugged that off. She said it like it was nothing.

“Okay, um, pets?”

“I used to have 2 dogs and a cat but now that I’m living with Erin we only have one dog she’s a golden retriever her names Rory. I want a pit bull though but Erin’s a bit hesitant.”

“I love Pits!” I exclaimed at the mention of one of my favorite types of dogs.

“She’s more of a cat person so I’m lucky we just have the one dog.” She said making small circles on my thigh with her fingertips. I copied her motion and started doing circles on the small of her back.

“No wonder her and Alan clicked so fast…” I smiled.

“Yeah after you had a talk with him.” I gave her a questioning look. “’Hey Alan can I talk to you for a second’” She said mimicking me. “If you are going to tell Alan to back off at least tell him not to make it too noticeable. He wouldn’t even make eye contact with me.” I laughed.

“Well, what can I say I wanted you all to myself.”