Chapter 12

Alan’s POV

We laid there for a few minutes and caught our breath. I lifted my head up. She was still laying on my chest. I looked out of the windows. We had fogged them up. I smiled and looked at her. She lifted her head and our eyes met. She smiled at me and kissed my jaw line. Then there was a knock on the window of the car. It startled both of us. We both scrambled to get up and cover ourselves. We both threw on our shirts.

“Grab that blanket.” She whispered and I picked up a blanket that had been folded up on the floor. I threw it over our bottom halves and rolled down the window.

“Uh, what’s going on in here?” A police officer asked looking in at us. We looked at each other I had a little bit of panic on my face.

“We were just looking up directions, officer.” Erin said casually. He looked around the car.

“Okay, just making sure you weren’t having car problems.” He said.

“No sir, we just got a little lost.”

“Why do you have that blanket on? Your heater doesn’t work?” He asked eying the blanket.

“Yeah, I still need to get it fixed.”

“Okay well, hope you find your way to where you’re going. Have a good night now, drive safe.” The officer said and started walking back to his car. I let out a sigh of relief. My heart was beating so loud I’m sure Erin could hear it. I grabbed my boxers and slid them on. She looked at me and smiled. Was it me or did the want in her eyes never go away? She grabbed my face and kissed me.

“The danger of getting caught made it so much better.” She said kissing my jaw line again. I rolled my eyes.

“Yeah well now that I’ve had a heart attack I think we need to go.” I said and climbed over the seats into the driver’s seat. She climbed over as well and sat down into the passenger’s seat. I started the car and sped off. We told them 20 minutes but I guess 20 extra minutes wasn’t a big deal.