Chapter 28

Erin’s POV

I was in this disgusting white gown at the hospital sitting in one of their sterile beds. I felt uncomfortable and the pain killers they gave me for my head at the moment were making me feel like I was dying. I felt heavy and exhausted.

“They need to give us the results now. They questioned me long enough about anything going on lately. The only thing wrong lately is motion sickness. I tripped because I’m clumsy god damn it not because I was drunk.” I said folding my arms across my chest as best I could with the little amount of energy I had.

“I’m sure the results will be here any second.” Elise said in the chair next to my bed.

“Yeah they better… I’m just glad Alan isn’t here to see me in this awful gown.” I said looking down at what I was dressed in. I laid my head back and lolled it side to side letting my eyes almost flutter shut.

“Ms. Fitzgerald?” A voice asked from the door way. It was a doctor entering the room. Good. Maybe I could get some news finally.

“Yes.” I said motioning for him to come in faster.

“Yes, um, so you do have a minor concussion but it’s nothing to worry about really.” He said nervously like he hasn’t told 1,000 patients what was wrong with them before.

“Well, okay so I can leave?” I asked not wanting to be here any longer.

“No.” He said clearing his throat. I looked at him suspiciously. He wasn’t telling me something. “Um, well, what you do need to worry about is, um, the baby.” He said and my eyes widened.

“What do you mean baby?” I asked. I don’t have kids.

“Um, you are about 4 weeks pregnant according to our calculations…” He said and looked down at his clipboard to avoid making eye contact. My jaw dropped I didn’t know what to say. How was I going to tell Alan? He doesn’t need this. He has a band. He has to tour. He can’t handle a baby. I can‘t even handle a baby. “I think I will come back in a little while. Just let that settle for a little bit.” The doctor said and left the room. A tear slid down my face as my jaw still hung wide open.

“What am I going to do? I can’t tell Alan. He won’t want a baby in his life. Babies are complicated and stressful he doesn’t need that. He tours all the time and you can’t bring a baby on tour. What am I going to do?” I asked Elise who was also in shock.

“I have no idea…” She said and the room went silent.