Chapter 8

Elise’s POV

I was still snuggled in Austin’s arms when Phil walked into the back longue and shook us awake. He stepped back as my eyes fluttered open. He crossed his arms over his chest and gave Austin a look. Austin let out a small chuckle and hugged my tighter before letting go. I stretched a little and enjoyed my last seconds of his warmth. Then we both got up.

“What time is it?” Austin asked stretching as Tino walked in as well. He saw me and rolled his eyes. Did they not like Austin having a girl here? I felt kind of unaccepted from both of them.

“We’re on in 3 hours. Don’t worry we have time.” Phil said.

“The guitar tech wanted to talk to Alan. Do you know where he is?” Tino asked.

“Yeah, where are Erin and him?” I asked. I hadn’t seen her since the green room and that was roughly 8 hours ago. Austin shrugged.

“Have you guys checked the green room?” Austin asked.

“Yeah, no one’s there.” Phil added. Where was Erin then? Maybe I should call her cell. I took my phone out of my pocket and dialed her number. It was ringing. Good, at least she didn’t leave it with me. She picked up.

“Hey, Erin where are you?” I asked feeling a bit worried. She sounded tired.

“I… We… We’re on our way back we’ll be there in like… 20 minutes.” She said sounding flustered. What was she doing? I could hear Alan’s sleepy voice in the background but I couldn’t make out what he was saying. “It might take us a little bit longer…”

“Okay, but where are y-” She ended the call before I could finish my sentence. I slid my phone back into my pocket and looked at the rest of the band. They were all staring at me.

“Well?” Tino asked.

“Where are they?” Phil asked. I bit my lip. I didn’t know but I had a pretty good guess. Erin got like this sometimes. She’d run off with guys just to get some action. It was fine most of the time but today wasn’t a good time to be running off especially not with a band member.

“Um, she didn’t say but she said they’d be here in 20 minutes… maybe…” I said looking down. Phil rolled his eyes and Tino let out a loud disappointed sigh and rubbed his head with his hand. What was it about us that they didn’t like? Did they think we were groupies? Because we weren’t at least I didn’t think so and Austin sure didn’t treat me like one.