Chapter 1

“Wake up Erin! Oh my god do you want to be first in line at the concert or not?” I said as I shook my best friend and roommate awake. “I’m going to leave without you if you don’t wake up right now.” I said standing up and grabbing my bag that I had prepared for the concert. Erin sprang up from where she was laying.

“I’m up! I’m up!” She said standing up and almost slipping on the hardwood floor over her blanket. I rolled my eyes and handed her some clothes. She quickly threw them on.

“So why do we have to go so early?” I asked watching her brush her short red hair and put it up into a high pony tail. Her bangs immediately fell right back into her face.

“Because sometimes Austin comes out to see the line before shows and I want to meet him.” She explained as she slipped on her converse high tops. It was the beginning of February and we were both in shorts. I had my favorite pair of OM&M vans on. They were specially painted with all of the members on them, even squidgy. I also wore an Of Mice and Men shirt. Erin had on a Woe, is Me shirt with jean shorts same as mine. We were ready to go. It was only like 7 o’clock but we were sure people would probably already be there.

When we got there no one was in line yet. “That’s unusual…” Erin said as she jumped to the first spot in front of the venue. I rolled my eyes and sat down on the freezing cold pavement. My thighs broke out in goose bumps from the contact. Before we left I had thrown on my Isles and Glaciers hoodie I now pulled up the hood and tucked my knees into my chest. The wind was very vicious today and it whipped my straight dark hair everywhere. I knew I was going to regret wearing it down.

“Mind if I sleep?” I laughed. It was a bit joking but at the same time I was exhausted. Last night we had stayed up late drinking and watching movies like we usually did on Friday nights. But I definitely regret it today. I had a slight hangover and I had to take lots of aspirin to counter act the head ache. Erin had just turned 21 in November last year so she was still getting used to the hangovers so she didn’t drink as much as I did. On the 18th I would turn 22 though so I’ve been dealing with it for almost a year. But because of my head I just wanted to listen to music and close my eyes.

“Not at all.” She said as she sat down beside me and put her head phones in and started examining the city street around us. I put my head phones in and looked through my music. I decided to turn on Of Mice & Men so I could get excited for the concert. I wrapped my arms around my legs and rested my head on my knees.

After about 5 minutes I wasn’t tired anymore and all I wanted to do was get inside and watch OM&M preform. I was so excited for tonight’s concert I couldn’t stand it. I could hear a soft snore come out of Erin’s mouth beside me. I sighed. Of course she fell asleep. I looked through my music to look for another song. I still had my head on my knees when someone nudged my foot.