Chapter 40: Telling Maya

●☆Kamala POV☆●
I smile as we head back home. We carry the boxes to our room. Doug order's takeout while I unpack. I hang my clothes in the closet and find the toy I gave him 2 weeks ago. I get curious and wonder if he has even used it. I look toward the bedroom door then I pull the cap off. I can tell that it's unused. I sigh in disappointment and put it back.

"What's wrong?" Doug asks.
I jump and clutch my chest.
"what are you doing?"
"You scared me" I force a laugh.
"oh i'm sorry".

"Its okay honey." I turn back to my clothes and continue hanging them up.
"okay, well food is gonna be here soon".
"Okay thank's baby" I unpack other stuff but not my books or toys, then I lay on the bed.
"of course" Doug says as he walks out.
I roll onto my side, my back toward the door and start crying.

●★Doug POV★●
Before i walk away, i hear Kamala crying, i quickly walk back "what's wrong?" I ask her.
She wipes her eyes, "sorry".
"hey hey there's no need to apologize, it's okay what happened?" I ask
"I have cramps and i'm soo tired."

"baby" I say as I lay next to her, pulling her close "it's okay".
She closes her eyes and snuggles into me just crying.
"shhh it's okay" I rub her back. Eventually she calm's down and stops crying.

"There you go, it's gonna be alright and I know you're in a lot of pain but you're gonna be okay. I love you so much and there's nothing I can do without you".
"I love you too" she says.

I smile and kiss her head and say "I'm not only saying this just to make you feel better, but I'm doing this just to make you happy in general. i love you so much and that will never change, I
can't tell you how much i love you, every time i hear your laugh it makes my heart smile and me smile from ear to ear, your personality is one of a kind, I don't know how someone could give you up but just know I never will and don't forget that. And there is absolutely nothing I
that I would change about you.. absolutely nothing, because you're perfect. In every single way you're perfect, your smile lights up my world, your eyes are so beautiful I could drown, you just in general are this beautiful person that I love so much and it hurts to see you in pain, and I would do anything to get rid of that, and I know you know this, but for future reasons i'm gonna
keep saying it. I love you so much darling, and do not forget that, even after our ups and downs there's absolutely no way I couldn't love you. I love you for like the fifteen millionth time i love you so much."

All she can do is smile as a tear slips down her cheek. "You're so sweet Dougie, I love you too. Thank you for knowing the words to make me feel better. I just need to keep reminding myself that in the long run this pain will all be worth it." She places her hand on top of mine and moves it to her tiny bump. "When we finally hold our baby in our arms I'll finally realize it was supposed to be painful."

"Okay but that doesn't mean that I will ever stop loving you at all, to the day i die i will still love you"
"I know and I wont stop loving you either."
"good" i smile.

I hear a knock on our door and look up "come in".
Cole opens the door "The food is here".
"Okay. Thanks buddy".
"You're welcome" he say's before walking out.

"Do you have a present for your mom yet?" Kamala asks me.
"No I need to get one" I say.
"What were you thinking?"
"I really don't know".
"Well do you think we should get her something to announce our pregnancy? I know I wanted to wait but..I don't know, it's an idea" she asks with a shrug.

"I mean i had that idea but i didn't know if you were comfortable with that".
"Well I mean it could be fun. We get there Saturday I get to know her, Then Sunday, bam happy mothers day you're getting another grandchild."
"okay" i nod.

She just smiles at me "I mean I kind of already ordered donuts for Maya and Meena and got them sent to their houses for delivery at" she checks the time "Oh shit right now, they're in boxes and written in the boxes is
' Eat up, my mommy doesn't want to be the only one with a belly' ' love Baby
Emhoff, Due December 18, 2013".

"Aww that's so cute".
"Yeah, they should be trying to call me any moment now." She laughs "so we should probably eat".
I laugh a little too "Yeah, I got you some soup. You don't have to eat it but yeah" i say getting up.
"Aww I will eat it baby, why wouldn't I?"
"Because you have specific cravings and I didn't know what you were craving".

"Aww its okay baby, soup is actually good for me though," She holds my hand as we walk out the room.
"okay" I smile.

●●Normal●●
They sit down to eat when her phone starts ringing. Doug look's up and smiles .

"Its maya." Kamala says with a smile as she picks it up to answer it.
Doug laughs a little.

"hello!?" Maya says once Kamala answers it.
"Hello Maya" Kamala says.
"YOU'RE PREGNANT!?" Maya asks loudly.

Kamala put's it on speaker phone so Doug can hear. "Yes" she says with a laugh.
"WHAT THE FUCK, AND YOU DIDNT TELL ME?!" Maya asks.
"Well I was going to wait unti...hold on i have another call" She answers it so it's a joint call once she sees that it is Meena "are you both there?" Kamala says.
"YOU'RE PREGNANT!?" Meena asks, just as loud as her mother was.
"oh jesus..." Maya says.

"Yes Meena" Kamala responds.
"HOLY SHIT" Meena says.
"I know and I'm sorry you haven't met Doug yet".
"Doug, who is that?" Meena ask's in confusion.
Kamala's eyes widen when she realizes she hadn't told Meena about Doug "Shit, sorry Meena, um Doug is my Baby's Daddy."

"oh okay" Meena says.
"We've been together for a little over 3 months, I just moved in with him today and we are very
much in love, obviously since we are already pregnant."

Doug sit's there smiling.

"Okay that's fine" Meena says.
Kamala smiles and looks at the kids "and his 2 children are living with us."
"okay good, but mom have you met him?" Meena asks.
"Yes." Maya says.
Kamala chimes in and says "Yes she has Meena her and your dad helped us move my stuff."

"Okay so mom, is he a good guy, auntie don't answer this".
Kamala bites her lip nervously awaiting her answer.

"Yeah he really is meena. The way he looks at her and the way he just
makes her laugh and smile, she is like a girl in high school who has a crush".

Kamala smiles at Maya's response as meena says "okay i'm just making sure".
"So yeah our baby is due the 18th of december, so maya our baby's will have close birthday's".

"yeah they will" maya says, you can tell she was smiling.
"So how are you feeling have you had any morning sickness or cravings?" Kamala asks.
"yeah a lot, it's terrible" she responds.

"Doug had been super supportive while i was staying here and I had sickness and now that we will be living together I know he will be amazing" Kamala says, smiling at Doug. He smiles back.

"that's good" Meena says.
Kamala yawns "Girls im exhausted i'll talk to you both later?"

"okay goodnight auntie" meena says.

 "Goodnight sweetie."
"goodnight sis, goodnight meena"
"Goodnight Maya, love you both."

"We love you too" maya and meena both say.
They hang up and Kamala looks up at Doug just smiling.

Doug smiles and holds her hand.
"I love you" Kamala says.
"i love you too" Doug says in response.

She looks at the kids ,then finishes her soup.
Ella looks at her and smiles.
"I'm going head to bed. I'm really
exhausted." Kamala announces, standing up.
"okay goodnight momala" Ella says.

Kamala smiles and gives Ella a hug and kiss. "Goodnight Sweetie."
She does the same with Cole then gives Doug a sweet kiss on the lips."I'll see you when you come to bed. But if im already asleep, goodnight baby i love you." Ella smiles as she watches Doug and Kamala.

"Goodnight my love, i'll be right in" he says smiling at her.
She smiles back "Okay". She goes to their room and takes a quick shower then puts her pjs on. She lay's in bed reading a pregnancy book but falls asleep with it resting on her stomach.

Doug walks in, and sees her asleep with the book and smiles. He takes the book and sets it on the bedside table. He changes into pjs and lays down holding Kamala's waist.
Though she is asleep somehow she feels his arms wrap around her.
Doug rests his hands protectively on her stomach and falls asleep.