Chapter 51: Meeting his Parents

●★Doug POV★●
The following day we take a taxi to the airport. We get to the airport and go through security, as we're walking towards our gate I get a lot of stares because i'm with Kamala. She holds my hand and just smiles as all four of us walk together. I press her hand to my lips and then smile. We get on the plane and go to our seats. We're in first class and the kids are right next to us in their own seats. Kamala lays her head on my shoulder which makes me smile.

"They'll like me right?" She asks nervously.

"Of course they will". She smiles and kisses me then says "Okay. So how does it feel to know that people know about us?"

"feels good"

"then imagine how it would feel when they know about..you know" she gestures to her stomach.

"yeah true, i don't really care about hate, i'm just more concerned about the kids".

●☆Kamala POV☆●
"Me too." I look over at the kids, Ella looks at and smiles, then continues drawing.
I pull my journal out and start writing todays symptoms in it as Doug closes his eyes. *Today, Mommy feels very unsexy and gross. My breasts hurt, I want to puke and i need to pee a lot.
Mommy, Daddy, Cole and Ella are flying to Grandma and Grandpa's, tomorrow is Mothers day and mommy is nervous. Daddy knows exactly how to take care of mommy and I appreciate it, but sometimes mommy has fears and is scared to tell daddy how she feels*.

●★Doug POV★●
I open my eyes and see her writing "what are you writing?".

"Oh just a pregnancy journal I started" she says quietly.

"oh okay"

"You can read it if you like."

"are you sure?"

"Yes honey."

"okay" i take the book and start flipping through pages, making mental notes of what she needs and how she feels, i get to the end of the last page and frown "you know you can tell me anything right?"

"I know baby, I really do I just, don't want you to think im not cut out to be a mother. "

"i would never think that about someone like you, our kids love you, and you being with them and me seeing the way you interact with each one especially Ella, you not being cut out for a mother is never on my mind, i never thought that and i never will. i know you will be a great mom to our child"

She leans in and kisses me, tenderly.I kiss back but pull away not trying to draw attention.

●☆Kamala POV☆●
I smile at him "Thank you."

He smiles back "of course".

The rest of the flight I sleep mostly but I also get up to pee alot.

We land and walk around the parking lot trying to find the rental car when we find it I look at Doug "I need to pee again."

"Okay" he walks me to the bathroom.

When i'm done I come out. "I never thought i'd ever pee so much in all my life."

Doug laughs and holds my hand as we walk to the rental car.

●★Doug POV★●
I pull up to my parents house and hold Kamala's hand feeling the sweat i say "it's gonna be okay". She smiles and kisses me then follows me and the kids.

We walk in and mom immediately hugs me and the kids.

"Oh my Douglas. I've missed you" Mom says, still hugging me.

"I've missed you too".

"and my precious little Ella and Cole."
Cole and Ella both smile as Kamala just stands there, kind of hidden. I look at Kamala and whisper "it's okay".

●■Barb POV■●
I look at Doug and realize he bought a woman, shes glowing, and beautiful.
She looks familiar, I think i remember seeing her on tv. I look up at Doug.

"Mom this is my girlfriend Kamala Harris".

He says her name and it hits me, she's the attorney general of California. I take her face in my hands. "You're prettier than you are on telly, Mike look at her."

Kamala blushes and smiles "Thank you."

"She really is, but aren't you the attorney general of California?" Mike asks her.

She giggles "Yes, thats me."

"Oh wow, your really pretty" I say again.

"Thank you, yes Dougie tells me all the time how beautiful i am."

"awww you call him dougie? i like that but good" I say.

"well we're here for mother's day" Doug says with a wide smile

"Aww Douglas you didnt have to come all this way for me."

"of course we did" he says.

I hug him again "I'll make some of my meatloaf for dinner . Your favourite."

●●Normal●●

"thanks" Doug says before walking to the guest room with his and Kamala's stuff. Kamala just stands there as the kids run off to the kitchen for cookies.

Doug puts the stuff down and walks out, he takes Kamala's hand and slowly starts to walk to the bedroom "c'mon..."