Chapter 91: A Special, Private Moment

Kamala wakes up at about 9 am and the first thing she sees is, Doug asleep in the recliner. Barb notices that Kamala has woken up and smiles "Good Morning".
"Hi Good Morning." Kamala says quietly as she sits up carefully. Barb waits for her to sit up "Do you want her or do you want me to put her back in her bassinet?"

"Could I please have her?"
"Of course" Barb says as she gently places Kali on Kamala's chest then adjusts the blanket so it isn't covering her face.

Kamala smiles "Thank you Barb."
"Of course, she's your daughter after all".
"No I mean thank you for being here and for bringing the most amazing man I've ever met into the world."
Barb smiles wide "Of course but I- I have a question and you've probably asked Ella this before but" she stop's.
"What is it?" Kamala asks.
"I know your mom is very important to you but I wouldn't mind you calling..me Mom only if it makes you comfortable. I don't want to take her place but I want be in place y'know?"

Tears fill Kamala's eyes and she swallows a lump that rises in her throat. "Really, you'd like it if I called you Mom?"
Barb's eyes begin to fill with tears as well "of course, if you want to or you do not have too at all".
Kamala's tears start to fall,"Okay..Mom."
Barb smiles and wipes her tears, then wipes Kamala's tears. Kamala smiles and hugs Barb with one arm while holding Kali.

"I love you, and Kali" Barb whispers placing a motherly kiss atop of Kamala's head.
"We love you too Mom. Don't we Kali?" Kamala says as she look down Kali. Kamala put's on a baby voice "Yes we wove you Gwandma."
Barb smiles wide "and grandma loves you both too".

Mike wakes from a sleep in the chair "I'm going to go get some coffee, do you want anything Honey?"
"Can you get me one too please?" Barb says.
"Of course honey." Mike responds, with a kiss on her head.
Kali starts to move around, so Kamala adjusts her blanket "Ooh sweetie have you done your first smelly in your diaper?"

"Do you want me to change her?"
"You don't have to."
"Darling you just woke up, and literally gave birth like 7 hours ago give your body a rest I don't mind".
"Okay thanks Mom" Kamala smiles gratefully and lays back as Barb takes Kali.
"Of course" Barb smiles and lays Kali down on the changing table and start to change her.
Kamala looks over at Doug, *he look's so peaceful*, she thinks.

Mike comes back with a tray of coffees and a hot chocolate and some egg and bacon rolls.
Doug starts to wake up as Barb finishes and gives Kali back to Kamala "still got it" she says as she washes her hands.
Kamala laughs "You definitely do Mom."
Barb takes her coffee and looks at Doug "good morning".
"morning, did you guys sleep.. like at all?" Doug asks.
"I had a little rest while your mom held Kali." Mike says handing Doug a roll and a coffee, then hands Kamala her hot chocolate and roll.
"Thanks dad" Kamala says.
"dad?? did i miss something?" Doug asks confused.

Kamala looks at Barb, then back at Doug "No baby, I just had a chat with Mom and she wanted me to call her Mom. I decided it was time to call him Dad too."
"awww yay" Doug smiles.
Kamala smiles too as she starts to eat her roll. "Did you have a good sleep?" She asks Doug.
"Yeah I needed that" he responds.
"Good i'm glad. So What did you buy Kali yesterday or do I have to wait until Christmas day?"
"You're gonna have to wait until Christmas" Doug smiles.
"Okay" she nods.