Chapter 92: Coming Home

The following morning Doug takes the bags to the car except the diaper bag and brings in Kali's baby carrier/car seat. Kamala was a little surprised that they were allowing her to go home so soon.

 Kamala was a little surprised that they were allowing her to go home so soon

Kali's going home outfit

"Baby where do you want Kali's carrier ?" He asks.

"On the bed but can you hold on to it while I put her in it?"
"Yeah of course".

Kamala carefully places Kali in there without waking her. Doug smiles as he watches.
Kamala goes to pick up the diaper bag and capsule.
"Got it?" Doug asks.
"Yeah." she nods.
"Okay"

After speaking to Dr.Stevens and being given a list of instructions on what to do and who to call if something happens they go to the car.
Kamala puts the carrier in the base and gets in the back with Kali.

Doug get's in and drives home as Kamala just smiles down at Kali in awe. Finally she has a child of her own with the love of her life after all these years.

Once at home Kamala get's out. She get's the capsule out and Doug opens the door for her with a smile.
"Thanks baby" Kamala says.
"Of course my love".
Cole and Ella are nowhere in sight.

●☆Kamala POV☆●
I look down at Kali in the capsule than look up at Doug "now what?" I ask, unsure what is supposed to happen now.

"We just relax" he responds.

"Okay".

Barb walks in from the kitchen "Douglas, Kamala shouldn't be carrying the bags and the capsule. She needs to take it easy for the next 6 weeks."

●★Doug POV★● 

I slip my hand on the handle of Kali's carrier "I don't think she would've let me".

"Well did you ask? Son if she over does it she can do serious damage." 

"I know mom, I would've but there was a certain answer I was expecting"

●☆Kamala POV☆●
I bite my tongue and put the bags down. I pick Kali up out of her capsule and carry her to our room.
————————————————————————————————————————
Barb watches Kamala walk away with Kali.
"Okay, is there something wrong? Doug did something happen?"

"No...I just don't wanna go back and forth about a capsule".

"Okay Sorry."

●☆Kamala POV☆●
I sit on our bed with Kali. "This is Mommy and Daddy's room, but you
will be staying in here too for awhile.
————————————————————————————————————————
"it's okay" Doug smiles as he picks up everything and brings it to their room.

Kamala looks up as he walks in, then look's back down at Kali.
He puts everything down and smiles at the sight.

"What can I do?" Kamala asks.
"about?"
"Well there is not a lot she can do right now, so what can I do with her?"
"Be her mother, and just rest for now".
"Okay. Are Cole and Ella home?" she asks.

"No, do you want them to come home?"
"No it's fine. They can meet her later when they do come home."
Okay" Doug says laying down and staring at the ceiling with a sigh.

Kamala holds Kali up and looks into her eyes "Do you want to see the rest of the house baby girl?"

"Can I see her for a second?" Doug asks.

Kamala sighs and carefully passes Kali to Doug. "I can't do this. It feels weird talking to her when she can't respond yet."

Doug hold's Kali close to his chest, "we'll get there baby. I promise." He says as he lifts Kali up in the air and holds her close to his face, booping her nose with his causing Kali to coo.

Kamala smiles and strokes her cheek gently "Look at you with daddy, hey. You are definitely going to be daddy's spoilt little girl". She grabs her phone and takes a photo of them.

Doug looks into Kalis eyes, perfectly matching his own and smiles as he tilts his head to the side. Kali being so little watches him but Doug swears Kali tries to do the same, mirroring his actions.

Kamala takes a few more pictures before putting her phone down and smiles watching the two loves of her life.

Doug continues lifting her up in the air and booping her nose. After awhile he stops "Okay tour time?" he asks.

"Yes, come on." Kamala get's up and waits for him to follow, holding Kali.

He get's up cradling Kali.
"Where to first Daddy?" Kamala ask's with a big smile.
Doug smirks "living room, and kitchen".

She leads him to the living room. "I know you can't see things far away right now baby girl but this is the living room and that is the Christmas tree. In a few days it will be your first Christmas and I think Daddy has bought you lots of gifts, I'm not sure yet, because he won't tell Mommy." Kamala says.

"I have and I spoiled you but i don't mind" Doug says as Kamala leads him to the kitchen.

"This is the kitchen. Mommy likes to spend alot of time in here, and I hope you will too oneday. I have many recipes to teach you how to make that your Grandma in heaven taught me. Look your Grandma is doing some baking. Mommy remembers her first time here. Daddy gave her a tour just like this, you were in my womb at the time but daddy didn't know yet."

"Nope and that was one eventful night".

●☆Kamala POV☆●
I bite my lip, remembering what we did in the bathroom, that was back when we were adventurous, before the 'honeymoon period' ended.

"When we went back to Daddy's room Mommy told him it was a nice house then said but where would the baby go? You should have seen Daddy's face, he was so confused. But when Mommy gave him the positive tests I think deep down he fell even more in love with Mommy." I get tears in my eyes and keep my back to him and Kali.

"I for sure did" Doug smiles, I can hear it in his voice.

My tears start to fall as I start thinking about our early moments during my pregnancy.

●★Doug POV★●
"Baby..?" I say as she doesn't move.
She turns and buries her face in my side as she wrap's an arm around me back and uses the other hand to stroke Kali's hand until she grips Kamala's finger.
"I love you so much Dougie" she says against me.
"awww baby, love you too, both of you" I say using my free arm to comfort her.

"I had forgotten those early moments between us until now. I will never forget the ways you showed me you loved me. Those are moments that I will cherish forever" Kamala says lifting her head, looking into my eyes.

"Baby I will always love you and will do whatever it takes to prove it to you".

"I know you will and I love you for that" she says.

I wipe her tears and cup her face with my free hand "I love you always and forever".

She smiles softly "Forever and always" she nods and kisses me gently.

I smile and kiss back.