Chapter 90: Proud Grandparents

●☆Kamala POV☆●
I lay my head back with a smile on my face as I look at our little bundle in the bassinet, half me, half Doug.

•In The Waiting Area•
Mike and Barb stand up when they see Doug.  Doug smiles, his smile one of a proud new father "She's here, 5 pound, 8 ounces, 18 inches long and perfectly healthy. Kamala is ready for you two to meet Kali" Doug says proudly.

After congratulating their son with hugs and kisses and handshakes Mike and Barb follow him.
They enter the room and Barb goes straight to Kamala as Doug places Kali in Mikes arms.

Kamala look's up "Hey".

"Hey,how are you feeling?" Barb asks walking over to her.

"Exhausted, but happy she is here and relieved that she is healthy."

"Yeah me too, but I'm also happy you're okay as well" Barb says holding Kamala's hand, giving it a soft, gentle squeeze.

"Thank you. Would you like to meet her?"

"Of course, let me see my grandbaby" Barb says letting go of Kamala's hand. She turns and walk's over to Mike who is still holding Kali. "She's got the Emhoff eyes doesn't she?" Mike says.

"Yeah she does" Barb says with a smile "but she has Kamala's nose".

Kamala lays there smiling at Mike and Barb sharing a moment with Kali, as Doug sits on the edge of her bed.

"Hi Kali, I'm your grandpa" Mike says as Kali looks up at him and Barb.

"Hi baby, aww you're so cute" Barb coos.

Doug smiles and holds Kamala's hand. Kamala let's out a big yawn.

"Get some rest baby, we'll take care of Kali okay?" Doug says.

"Okay. Thank you Dougie." Kamala says before carefully adjusting herself.

Doug smiles and let's go of her hand as she fall's asleep.

Mike smiles at Barb then looks at Doug "How many photos have you taken of her already?" he asks quietly.

"A whole lot" Doug says.

Mike and Barb chuckle softly.

"We're proud of you son."

"Thank you, but you really should be proud of Kamala, the last nine months were a journey for sure and she went through so much just to have Kali but in the end it's all worth it"

"Kamala is the reason we are proud of you. After everything you went through, we are both so happy that you were able to trust a woman again and fall in love. We're proud and happy for you both" Mike admits, and passes Kali to Barb so she can hold her.

Doug smiles "Thank you, both of you".

"You're Welcome Son".

Doug smiles again but yawns.

"Do you want us to leave and you guys can rest, it was a long night."

"Yeah, it was , I'm probably gonna knock out but you guys don't have to leave you can spend some time with Kali if you like".

"Okay son."

Doug sits in the recliner beside the bed and fall's asleep.