GOOD DAYS CHAPTER 12

Start from the beginning

Sure, I bet they talk to Melanie a lot but it doesn't matter. They were never malicious or asked for any of this drama. It honestly had nothing to do with them or Ariana. That's why I loved them the most.

"Sure, I'll set the date someday. I have to fix up a few things and then I'll call you." They looked relieved at what I said. I guessed they feared I would say no.

"That's great! I thought you'd say no and we'd have to hang out here," Kelly responded. Melanie and Ariana turned their heads quickly. "I-I just meant we hang out here a lot. I love your pink pool and the spacious house but, we've never truly seen Beyoncé's house." We all nodded in agreement. I'd have to see if Onika wanted Melanie to come. But I think I already knew the answer.

"Her house is so beautiful! She has amazing decorations and her walls are sooooo high! If you went in there, you'd think she was a billionaire."

"Is that really what you think of my house?" I questioned. Onika looked at me and smiled with her eyes closed and a wide smile that only made me laugh. "You're so adorable."

"We definitely miss Little Onika," Kelly says. Onika smiled at her.

"I miss you guys too." Onika held me tighter as she began to yawn. Of course, I yawned as well.

"Thank you for this wonderful birthday party and the gifts. I think I'm gonna go to bed." Everyone stood up, gathering our stuff as we all headed towards the front door. Giving Ariana , Kelly, and Michelle a hug, I looked at Melanie and simply waved before I walked out. I stood at the door, waiting for Onika to finish her goodbyes.

Now, it was back to the house.

<>

Once we were inside, Onika couldn't keep her hands off of me. She started grabbing at my shirt, wanting me to pick her up. Onika was almost always verbal with me but now, she was giving me silence. Lifting her up, I held her in my arms as she put her head on my shoulder. Going into my bedroom, I laid her down in the bed. She never let go of my shirt.

"What's wrong Onika?" My question went ignored as she pulled harder until I was laying in bed with her. I couldn't help but laugh at how much force she used. "You sleepy baby?" She nodded before stuffing something in her mouth. I had never seen her use a binky before.

I needed to do more research on her lifestyle. It's fascinating how she went nonverbal on me so quickly. Ever since I met her, she's always been shy but spoke her mind when it came to certain situations. Now, it's like she reverted back to being a toddler. A hand started playing with my face and another went into my hair. I flinched but only a little.

"Mmm," she hummed. My head turned to gaze into her big brown eyes. She was already looking into me. The feelings I got from looking at her, made me extremely nervous. I had never given my heart to someone like her. I've never wanted to be perfect like I want to be for her.

"Are you okay?" I whispered. Another head nod, then, it was nothing. She had fell asleep playing with my face and twirling her fingers throughout my hair. My confusion kept me awake.

The change.

Does it happen often?

Was it going to happen often with me?