CH. 45 BATTLE OF THE BANDS

The two weeks of winter vacation flew by fast

The two weeks of winter vacation flew by fast.  I pretty much kept my mate inside and naked since we had nothing but freezing weather and snow the entire time.  Since that night she'd claimed me, I did feel this power coursing through me that Tehani explained she felt all the time.  Sol and Axel were now guardians and I could actually release Axel into the world and he'd be as Sol.  Tehani could have Sol as Axel was now.

We weren't shifters any more, but we could change.  I had no idea how I felt about it because I didn't feel any different with Axel.  He was still in my head and I still had a link to the pack.  My hair had grown into purple dreads, very neat and nice looking dreads.  I changed my hair back to the clean edged mohawk I'd been rocking for a while now with my purple tipped curls.  Another thing changed, Tehani had these moments of heat, an uncontrollable need to mate and when it hit, she had to either give into her body or suppress it.  If she suppressed it, that meant that when she was forced to give into it, we wouldn't be available for hours.

Thankfully, she learned to control it quickly and the heat seemed to really only happen once a week or so.  She also confided in me that the heat was trying to encourage her body to conceive and she had to apply her form of birth control again.  So spending those two weeks alone, was actually needed to cope with the changes.  We hadn't told anyone and they wouldn't notice anyway.

Now, we were back in school for the second semester and this was our last practice before heading to Florida.  Social media was going crazy with ideas about our field show and what it would be like.  Majority of the comments thought it would fail.  Prince songs were notoriously hard to do any type of show to.  Let the haters hate, I thought.  Our show was fire and with everyone working together, it was precise and on point.

The Golden Felines were doing better than ever and Ariah had the girls dancing to a couple of new counts mixed in with the old ones.  She was considering doing a 5th year as a senior to come back and try out for the captain spot.  She would be good at it.

Ariah and the other girls had reached out to me and Tehani, to apologize for not stepping in on Tracy and Shmya and to promise that there would be new rules in place.  They'd openly declared this in front of the band and didn't want to have this mood that the dancers were separate from the band anymore.

After the final practice, the band cheered and danced for a solid half hour as we were so juiced to get to Florida.  When we arrived to the school that Thursday morning at a miserable hour of 4am, there were seven shinning travel busses waiting and a bunch of traveling extras.  We were supposed to have more people traveling to help control the crowds and keep the band safer but these faces were very new. 

My parents were coming along, actually riding on the bus.  I figured other parents had chosen to come along after the last incident.  But something else, felt off. 

"Look at all of these people," Jaxon said.  "I know they aren't all going.  Who are they?"

"That's what I was thinking," I confirmed.