CH. 37 EXTREME VIOLENCE

I did not want Khelan to fight Sebastian

I did not want Khelan to fight Sebastian.  I knew he had every right to fight him and defend my honor.  I knew he could wipe the floor with him and rip him from limb to limb.  But, I didn't want him to do it.  I wanted to do it.  I felt so much rage and anger towards Sebastian trying to use his new found freedom and new information about his life the gauge sympathy.

As Khelan drove, and I don't know how he managed to drive with caution while so angry, I thought about this and while it would be satisfying to see anybody make Sebastian bleed, I wanted to be the one to do it.  I wanted this chapter in my life to be over.  I was a free woman.  I was in love. I could function in a pack.  This was my life after all the pain and abuse and I was going to claim it.  It was hard to believe that it has only been four months since I was freed, four months since my 18th birthday and so much has happened.

If I was honest with myself, I was planning this part of my live for the last six years.  This is the culmination of what I wanted out of life, worked hard to get and the fortune of meeting Cody and being introduced to Khelan.  I've been working on having this moment for six years.

"I don't want you to fight Sebastian," I said.

Khelan came to a stop in front of the gate barely ten minutes from the time leaving the school.  "It needs to be done or he won't leave you alone."

I nodded.  "I agree.  But, I want to be the one to do it.  I need to be the one to stand up for myself."

The enforcer at the gate acknowledged us and opened the gate.  The twins were right behind us.  Khelan parked at the first available spot and the alpha and luna were already headed our way.  Seems the pack was informed of the situation.

"Are you sure about this, Khelan?" Alpha Ben asked him.

"I'm going to challenge Sebastian!" I said for everyone to hear.  "Khelan can kick his ass, but I need to be the one to fight back now.  He'll never leave me alone if I don't."

"He'll leave you alone because he will be dead," Khelan murmured.

"He has a no kill order unless brought to the attention of the council."  Cody joined our group.

"Bullshit!" Khelan yelled.  "He's been stalking Tehani and all but challenged me tonight and taunted me in front of humans!"

Cody shook his head.  "I know, brother.  But that is the way of things.  He's protected by someone high on the council who is trying to give him a chance at redemption.  If he fucks up, she will personally kill him."

"He's already fucked up!" Khelan yelled.

My mate was so angry and I just held on to him.  "I'm sorry, Khelan.  I didn't want this to be a part of our lives."

Khelan's anger faded a little and he framed my face.  "You are my life.  I will destroy any one who is a threat to you."

"I am no threat to Tehani."