CH. 27 REVELATIONS!!!

All eyes were on me and it was as if my flight instinct was kicking in

All eyes were on me and it was as if my flight instinct was kicking in. I felt a bead of sweat roll down my back and I had to force my heart to slow down. I was definitely not meant for public speaking.

I looked over the crowd, no the pack, of nearly 100 individuals. They were patiently waiting for me to get to the point. Well, Jaxon had his arms folded. I glared at him.

"My original name is Tehani Amethyst Rosenburg. My parents were Trevor and Tamara Rosenburg. My father had a brother, Curtis Rosenburg who mated Mae. We had other family but when I was little, I was only told they died. I've since learned they were killed by rogue shifters. Also, as far as I know, we were the last family of Novan Witches around and actively practicing the craft."

That earned some shocked gasps and questioning looks. I took a deep breath, steadied my emotions with the help of Sol and Khelan.

"My then Aunt Mae, used her craft to disable my parents long enough to get them killed. She has admitted such and it is the only way that I know of that a shifter can get past a practicing Novanian. Anyway, I lost my magic after being taken."

"You could cast spells at 7?" Someone asked.

I nodded. "Yes. My parents called me gifted in the arts. I regained my ability to use magic at the age of 12 after an attack. That is when I got my guardian. This here is Soli. His first body was taken but he moved his spirit into this body a wolf that he knew would be found in Denver Colorado. I don't know why this wolf Siberian Husky mix was in Denver. But as soon as I saw him, he recognized me and then Soli's spirit entered."

"Your guardian is meant to find you in the form you are accepting of," that same person said.

"Arlo," Alpha Ben addressed. "You are one of our older and more travelled pack members. What do you know of the Novanians?"

Arlo kissed the forehead of a female beside him before moving forward. "I know that if Tehani was calling magic at age 7, she is an extremely powerful conjurer. Most Novanians who are blessed with the craft gain the ability well into the teen years after puberty. And, if they are given a guardian then they are considered royalty among the Novan Covens. If there are any still around."

Royalty? I wasn't trying to be anyone's royalty though I did enjoy my royal purple hair. Ok, bad joke, I thought to myself.

"I also believe," Arlo continued. "That there is a Novanian left alive who knows who and what you could be. He likely sent these wolves to target your family. You live in groups for the same reason we live in packs. Protection in numbers."

"How do we protect ourselves from a Novanian?" A female asked.

"When a Novan is working magic, their hands glow. Typically you can recognize a Novanian from the exotic color of their hair. And yes, if we go by only that logic, Novanian Witches are all over." I got a bit of light laughter from the pack.