CH. 10 MENTAL HEALTH IS REAL!! SO IS THE CRAZY!!

After a pancake breakfast for me and a fried egg mixed with luxury kibble for Soli, we were full and ready to plan our day

After a pancake breakfast for me and a fried egg mixed with luxury kibble for Soli, we were full and ready to plan our day. It was just about ten in the morning here in Folly Beach, just outside of Charleston, South Carolina. The past week or so, had been nothing but South Carolina coast and shopping.

Well, trying to shop. I was still having a hard time finding clothing that fit because I just wansn't gaining weight. Three weeks in the hospital, them feeding me a high caloric meal three times a day, eating any and everything I want since then, I was still six feet tall and only weighing 123 pounds.

My first weigh in put me at 122 pounds. My nurse explained to me that my bones, blood, skin and hair was nearly 100 pound. I was malnourished and underweight. This could lead to more serious problems down the line. My heart was good, organs functioning, but I needed to gain weight.

Yeah, I wasn't worried about getting sick or organ failure. I hated the way people looked at me with pity. I hated the way I felt when I looked at my own body. I just wanted to find my confidence again.

Soli barked softly. I turned and looked at him. "What? You are a beautiful animal with the right amount of weight on your body."

"Your magic has forced your body to accept what your circumstances were. You could not eat a lot, so your magic learned to sustain you and make sure that you are able to survive. Now, the situation has changed."

"Okay. So you're saying I need to change my magic's protection or healing. Once I'm at a certain size, I can stay that way?"

Soli nodded. I smirked. "Man, women everywhere would kill to be a Novanian. How do I do it?"

"I don't know. I'm just a wolf."

"You are not just a wolf. I will figure it out." Anytime I needed a spell it generally came to me. This time, my body was telling me I didn't need a spell. I searched that place that held my magic, my soul. It felt bright and full of energy. So how do you reprogram a soul of energy?

"You're over thinking it," Soli said. "Just tell your body where you want to be, how you want to look."

Now I rolled my eyes at the dog. "I don't know how I want to look. I'm not trying to have some fake perfect body. I want my body I would have had if I'd been allowed to grow normally."

Soli seemed to be considering. "Think about your mom and how she looked. You still have your parents' features and you likely would have had a physique like hers."

I smiled at a memory of me and my mom talking about my size when we were clothes shopping. "My mom told me I was going to be built a little like my Dad. I clearly have his height since my mom was way shorter than my dad. Mom had beautiful black hair with these natural purple highlights. She could run for miles and wasn't skinny but wasn't, like too big. Daddy would say her curves were perfect."