CH. 8 LIVING SELFISHLY!!

I had to spend three weeks in the hospital and it sucked

I had to spend three weeks in the hospital and it sucked.  So many cops asked me to repeat my story and I had to tell them about being kidnapped at age 7 and the whole ordeal that caused me to be raised by Vlad.  I, of course left out the wolf stuff.  Vlad and the pack had disappeared from the home and the house had been burned down. 

I felt nothing really.  But, I would be looking over my shoulder as it was reported through the news that I was in the hospital and recovering from serious, life threatening injuries.  Cody remained at my side and played the big brother role perfectly.  He was good at telling how he'd found me by accident trying to get evidence that Vlad was dealing drugs.  Stick close to the truth.

Eventually, I was left alone after it was proven that I was removed from school suddenly and didn't show up again until online home schooling.  I talked with Soli often and he was just hanging out waiting on me.  I told him about my plans and hoped he would like the idea.  I was pleased that he was looking forward to what I described and felt it would be very healing mentally for me.

After, I was released, Cody drove me to a garage where my name was on a rental.  The garage was empty and that's all that mattered.  I only needed it for a day.  Thankfully, I walked out of the hospital after the doctors declared me a miracle.

"So.. it's empty."  Cody tapped the sheet metal walls.

I closed the doors and proceeded to show how the vision would come to life.  I spent a full year researching the perfect mobile home and doing virtual driving lessons.  I brought my dream to life with a large 4x4 off grid beast of a van with the largest wheel base I could have and a lifted top since I'm not exactly short.  The van had a pop to where I'd placed another sleeping area that allowed me safety and a way to sleep outside.  I didn't want something where I would have to get out.  Any time I did not feel safe, I would be able to just leave. 

Once the magic was done and the vehicle was finished, Cole whistled.  "Wow.  It's not too big, I guess.  And look at this thing.  It's aggressive with this bumper and all the lights.  You have a nice looking design here."

I smiled.  "I combined a few different van ideas to make something that would provide me security and enough space to live.  I wanted a huge bed, big enough kitchen to cook, a full shower and an office.  I was able to fit all of this here and since it will just be me and Soli, I can just go and escape."

I took Cody on the tour and he was amazed at the large extended queen size bed.  I got my very comfortable bedding and plenty of storage for the clothes and shoes I planned to buy.  My kitchen had a full stove and a large RV style fridge.  My pantry was large enough to have enough food to cook for a full two weeks without magic.  Since it was just me, I would never have to come back to civilization if I didn't want to.

"Ok now this is really nice and you could easily fit another person in here." Cody winked at me.

I laughed.  "I thought about that too and not sure why I wanted it, I do have room for another and if I do find a home, I can still drive this bad boy anywhere.  It will go anywhere and handle city driving just fine."