CH. 26 ATTENTION GRABBING!

The pack had a huge back to school shopping tradition in which all school age kids were loaded up in vehicles and taken to get everything they would need for the year including supplies and clothing

College students were not exempt from this practice.  Classes were due to start Monday, and it was the Saturday before.  Since returning from band camp, Jaxon had been trying to talk to me and I wasn't really avoiding him.  Seriously.  I just didn't have anything to say to him.  Cody, I was avoiding.  He and his mate were doing well and he hadn't had to do any more trips since.

Several times he's tried to pull me aside to talk.  But, him, I was freezing out.  I was mad that he left me out of his mating and thought not to tell me.  Did he expect me to be mad?

"How long are you going to not talk to Cody?" Khelan asked me.  Everyone had loaded into their vehicles and we had a line of cars heading into the city.

"I don't know what to say to him, Khelan.  I'm hurt, sure.  But why would he hide it from me?  I like Reilene."

"Maybe he was just trying to surprise you and just did it wrong.  We are males and prone to stupid behavior."

I snorted.  "I guess.  But, I don't know how to make it right with Cody without feeling like a fool."

"You aren't a fool, he is."

At the mall, Khelan just happened to park right beside Cody and Reilene.  I glared at him.  "Really?"

"What? This is a good spot."

I was still wearing my natural hair.  Today it was in the curls.  I had on jeans and a thin long sleeve shirt as it was getting cooler as the summer came to an end.

"Hey, Tehani."  Cody was holding Reilene's hand.  "Love the hair.  Suits you."

"Thanks, Cody.  It was time.  You know?  No more hiding."

Khelan shook his head and moved back to Reilene and offered his arm.  "Come on.  You're mated so I can touch you without wanting to be sick."

Reilene laughed.  "I've learned of that problem."  She blew Cody a kiss.  "Make up with your sister."

Cody pulled me to a stop.  "You're mad because I didn't tell you before hand that I'd found my mate.  I just brought her home and you felt that I was kicking you out of my life."

I shrugged.  "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I don't know, Tee.  I was just thinking, I'd finally found my mate.  But, I was not thinking about you leaving our place.  Can you forgive me?"

Cody was the guy who'd rescued me and I was tired of being mad at him for just being an idiot male.  I gave him a hard hug.  "Of course, big brother.  Now tell me more about Reilene."

We ended up doing our shopping together and of course, Khelan and Cody went over board with clothes.  Khelan liked my halter top so much that he found a shop with a bunch of them and got one of every color and style.