CH. 32 A NEW THREAT!

The 5th quarter

The 5th quarter. My first ever 5th quarter and I was excited. The whole band was excited. We were at an away game going against the Tennessee State University Tigers. Since we got off the bus, their student body and band enthusiasts were calling us out and claiming we stuffed our band and where were the real musicians.

Mr. Rich took that as a personal attack and simply told us to destroy them. So, that's what we did from the first whistle calling us to attention. Jeremey went around yelling that we better blow like it was our last time playing. Power and precision. And for reasons that I think only another band enthusiast would understand, I was having fun.

Mr. Rich was a master when it came to song writing and now that he had a huge number of musicians, his creativeness had really taken off. He created a harmony that made us sound like a few hundred voices. And that is how we had the crowd dancing and singing to 'Will You Be There' and even the crowd on the other side waving with our crowd.

In the end, we had far more great songs to play than they had songs. When they resorted to their main energy song, we all cheered and saw that red flag. Then we hit our new energy song, 'Splurge.'

I think everyone had more energy marching out than marching in and on the field combined and that was saying something.

Sol was waiting with Khelan's parents when we got back to the buses. He was patient and waited until we were dismissed before he ran over to me.

"I've missed you too," I said aloud. "Though you've been in my head the entire time," I added privately.

"We haven't heard from the council about those two males." Sol took his guardian duties seriously.

Sol and I tensed at the same time as a smell that didn't belong reached us. He turned in the direction of the smell and began a low growl. There was a set of trees across from where the buses sat.

I heard Khelan in my mind as well. "Rogues, a group of about five and a filthy vampire!"

Jaxon came over in the guise of helping me with my gear. "We need a big distraction, Tee. Either all dark or make everyone look away for a good five minutes."

I had no idea what to do. I looked around and apologized to the person that would have to clean up the mess I was about to make. I called on a sudden storm and high winds. The stadium behind us, where we had just been started making unusual sounds that drew everyone's attention. I had the boards shooting sparks and the wind started to howl before large drops of rain began to fall.

Shouts and chaos ensued as people ran for their cars and visibility went to shit. I then had all the lights turn off sending the entire parking area into complete darkness. I felt Sol and the guys take off into the wooded area. I also recognized Malik in the group. I added heavy thunder to disguise the sounds that started coming from the area. Khelan was in wolf form and tearing through the rogues. He was vicious and quickly took out the threat. The group had a set up not to far away and were looking to take some unsuspecting humans and just cause mayhem.