Chapter-20

I am very sorry for updating late this week.
----------------
Terror.

Terror is feeling which made a person feel afraid. This is the same happening with y/n.

She was sweating badly. Her pink soft lips were trembling.

She was still shivering. Her beautiful face was covered with the mask of terror.

She was perfect like a model in her dress but she was looking like she came from a haunted house.

Her phone was vibrating since the morning but she was too much taken in her thoughts.

She was not even walking properly. Her leg was slipping on the stairs of her apartment. She was all perfect but terrified.

Just some last steps left but that were looking very difficult for her to pass.

As she was wearing heels, she was being careful but her thoughts keep distracting her.

"GOOD MORNING, DEAR" someone's voice startled her and she slipped from the stairs. She let out a terrified scream.

She was accepting the fact that she had a bad start of the day. She was ready to tolerate the pain she was going to have.

She was waiting for her body to hit the ground and it never came but instead someone's hands wrapped around her waist.

It happened in slow motion and it took time for her to process what happened. When she opened her eyes, she found herself in the arms of Adrian.

Their faces were mere inches apart. She blinked many times trying to process what happened and taking all the information in her head.

She quickly stand straight after she realised what was it. This time she kept a proper distance between her and Adrian.

Adrian coughed, didn't able to make eye contact with her.

"Th-thank you" just these words left y/n's mouth. She was standing there awkwardly. She was just looking at the floor, thinking if this floor can swallow her never let her go.

It was a complete awkward silence between Adrian and y/n.

"Are you ok?" Suddenly a loud voice approach y/n from behind and made her startled. She let out a yelp and bump in Adrian's chest.

It just happened so quickly that y/n was not able to take all the information in her mind. Her thoughts were still caught up in the dream.

The old grandmother, owner of the apartment smiled mischievously at y/n and Adrian's position.

Y/n corrected her posture and she was now standing at least 2 meters away from Adrian.

He looked at y/n with pleased eyes.

"Sorry, dear are you okay?" The owner said standing between both y/n and Adrian. She was smiling like something was behind her smile. Something y/n can't understand.

"Y-yes, I am fine, thanks" y/n said looking everywhere but not in apartment's owner's eyes. She was feeling a mischievous glint in her eyes.

Adrian was standing behind his grandmother, awkwardly. He was thinking to break the tension in some way."Are you going to the office?" He suddenly said.

"Yeah, I am going there." Y/n said making eye contact with him for mere seconds. She was thanking him in her mind for breaking the very awkward silence between them.

"Oh, that is very nice dear. You are probably going to be late. Adrian will drop you there." Adrian's grandma said smiling at confused looking y/n. She still have that mischievous glint in her eyes.