192. Twoset Barista III

Start from the beginning

"I suppose they would.. since you picked the place, after all, you should know your coffees.."

Brett replied in a saddened tone;

"Eddy...I know you think I'm so bad at my job..."

Eddy looked at Brett.

"No Brett.. I didn't mean that sarcastically. I honestly meant that you would know this place would make nice coffees otherwise you wouldn't have asked me to meet me here."

"Thanks."

Eddy shook his head.

"Look Brett, to be honest, I really don't know why I'm here."

"Eddy.."

"Brett, you're a barista. You make great coffees. And while knowing your customers' names and their regular orders is a really nice thing to do, it's not mandatory as a barista, so really, it's no big deal if you didn't get mine right."

Even though I'm still annoyed about that... Annoyance Factor 7/10

"Eddy, I need you to know that I didn't get them wrong on purpose."

Oh, so it wasn't intentional?  Well then. Annoyance Factor 4/10

"Ever?"

"Ever. I swear, never."

Okay. Annoyance Factor 2/10

Eddy shrugged.

"Okay."

"...Okay?"

"Yeah, okay, that's fine. It just means that I didn't make much of an impression on you to remember. Unlike Shaun's name and order that you remembered even after 6 months of not seeing him."

Ugh, I'm so annoyed with myself now. Annoyance Factor 8/10

Brett shook his head.

"No, Eddy, that's not true either."

Eddy rolled his eyes.

"Oh c'mon Brett, how can it not be true?."

"Eddy, when I overheard Shaun and found out I've been stuffing up your orders, I immediately checked our order log."

"..Order log?"

"Yeah.. we enter the customer's name and order so they print out on their receipts."

"Oh."

Eddy would have not known that since he'd never asked for a receipt.

"I couldn't believe it.. I had entered you as Eddy, latte no sugar the first time you were at our coffee shop. Since then, I've been getting it wrong almost every single time.. your order and the spelling of your name...I was mortified. Look, Eddy, I know it's totally my fault for stuffing up but why didn't you ever say anything? You had every right to be so pissed off at me."

"Well, I thought it was kinda funny at first. I mean I was okay with most of the drinks you made for me anyway, except for the one you added 3 sugars to."

Brett cringed.

"I'm so sorry Eddy."

"But I felt.. a bit.. hurt.. when I saw you got Shaun's order and name correct even after 6 months."

"Hurt?"

Eddy shrugged.

"I guess it was more like jealousy. I thought I must have not made an impression strong enough for you to remember me."

Agh, why am I saying all this? He's gonna think I'm being so prissy. I'm so annoyed with myself now. Annoyance Factor 12/10

"Are you kidding Eddy, you've made such an impression on me which is why I had not been able to fulfil your order."

Eddy raised an eyebrow.

...I made an impression on him? Still confused though. Annoyance Factor 8/10

"That doesn't make any sense, Brett."

"I know.. it's sAcRiLeGiOuS. And it's never happened before."

"...It hasn't?"

"I swear, never. Up until this point, I've never stuffed up a customer's coffee order this badly."

Great.  Just mine, hey.  Annoyance Factor 10/10

"Brett.. then why the hell..."

Brett stammered as he blushed;

"Eddy, when I see you, I.. I get chicken brain. I walk three steps and forget everything. Like literally everything goes out the window, things like your order and how your name is spelt. It's ridiculous.

Say what ? I have that effect on him? Annoyance Factor 6/10

"So Eddy, every time I see you I try to remind myself not to move around except when I see you my brain short circuits and I get so giddy I can't help pacing around, clocking up my 3 steps then boom my short term memory is gone. I can still make the coffees but the memory of your order is wiped out, so is the spelling of your name.

Whaaaaaaaaat? I make him giddy?  I make him giddy?  I'm giddy.  Annoyance Factor 3/10

"Eddy, Like, I'm no speller even on my good days but this is something else. And worse of all I didn't even realise I've been stuffing things up till I overheard Shaun and checked the order log. I'm so sorry. I'm afraid.. ...I like you too much."

Eddy blushed.

"Um... um... ...okay."

Eddy smiled.

Annoyance Factor 0/10

-------------------------------------------

A/N: That's the end of the Twoset Barista trilogy, I hope you enjoyed it !