CH. 42 MORE DRAMA AND DANGER

Start from the beginning

I was grinning at his choice of words and how much more he was feeling through our bond. My sneaky male. I didn't expect him to ask me though we'd joked about it for months now. I looked at my left and and the ring that should be there.

"Aren't you supposed to put it on my finger?" I asked.

"After you say yes. You are going to say yes?"

The crowd behind us laughed. I smiled. "I think I said yes several weeks ago when you pretended to ask. So I will officially say yes now. Yes!" I screamed the word causing more laughter.

Khelan laughed and put the ring on my finger. It fit perfectly and looked nothing like what I expected an engagement ring to look like which made it perfect. It was set with a black platinum band, a huge flawless amethyst diamond in the middle, easily five carats. It was a triple set with a three carat diamond on each side of the amethyst. The amethyst itself was haloed by little black diamonds, all flawless. I loved it and it was sparkling so much.

Khelan interrupted my perusal of the ring and picked me up. He kissed me hard right there in front of the crowd. Everyone was yelling congrats and cheering in their way. When Khelan finally released me, Cody was there to hug me hard.

"Six months and look at you little sister," Cody was smiling as he studied me. "I have to admit I was a little worried about you."

I laughed. "I was a little worried about me too. But you were right about the pack. Thank you again for rescuing me. Now keep rescuing me from all the females about to surround me to see this ring." I held up my hand and Cody looked at it.

"It's a one of a kind. Now I have to step my game up with Reilene. I need to go have a talk with your fiancé."

I snorted and enjoyed the rest of the evening. The party continued for most of the night. Finally, once most of the food was gone, people started to return to their homes. We had a large crew, including the twins, helping to clean up the house.

While Khelan and I were walking behind our home in the forest. We caught an unfamiliar scent and came into contact with two pack enforcers that were chasing the same scent. Security had been heightened due to recent events.

"I know that scent. It's Oslov ." As soon as I said his name a large dark brown wolf appeared from behind a tree. He was covered in blood and deep gouges from a recent fight.

"Don't hurt him," I said when Marlo, an enforcer, went towards him. " He was an asshole but he didn't hurt me."

Khelan growled. I frowned at him. "I will not stop you from killing this one if he is here for terrible reasons. He was one of the best friends to Sebastian."

The brown wolf whimpered. Sol ran past and approached the wolf. I felt them talking and it was an alarming conversation. Then Oslov collapsed in wolf form and I stopped hearing his heart. I rushed forward, worried and checked the wolf, but there was nothing there anymore.

"He's dead," I said. "There's nothing."

Khelan knelt beside me and he looked Oslov over. "He's been nearly eviscerated and beaten pretty badly."

Alpha Ben and the other enforcers not currently patrolling, came over to investigate and check for any other wolves.

"He had a message for me," I said to Khelan.

"I know." Khelan approached Alpha Ben. Cody had also just arrived. "Oslov had a message for my mate that Sol was able to get."

"What was the message?" Alpha Ben was observing the pack doctors placing Oslov's body into a body bag. He would be cremated tonight.