Chapter 29

That night...

After being amazed at the mini art exhibition, HoSeok and NamJoon cycled back to the grandmother's house when HoSeok spots someone sitting across the house.

He stops the bicycle and NamJoon knew who it was that he turned to look at HoSeok.

"HoSeok..", HoSeok sighed to see JungKook and he heads inside the house, ignoring him.

NamJoon puts both of the bicycles aside and approached JungKook.

"How did you know he was here?", NamJoon asked and JungKook mentioned Jimin.

Before NamJoon could say anything, HoSeok called him over to the house.

"NamJoon.. Come on.", HoSeok called and NamJoon smiled at JungKook before heading into the house.

HoSeok was helping to arrange the ingredients when his grandmother spoke up.

"Your friend is here. Invite him in, HoSeok ah.", his grandmother said and HoSeok didn't want to but he had no choice.

NamJoon sat in the living room when he sees HoSeok going to invite JungKook in and stops him.

"It's okay, I'll do it.", NamJoon said as he stood up and went to get JungKook.

JungKook steps inside the house with NamJoon beside him and they sat in the living room.

"Do you have a place to stay?", NamJoon asked and JungKook shook his head.

"I have a spare room at my place. You can stay there at the meantime.", NamJoon said and JungKook was about to question him when the food was being set on the table.

"Dinner is served.", the grandmother said and JungKook smiled at her as he takes his bag off.

HoSeok gives the bowl to both NamJoon and JungKook while he sat next to NamJoon instead.

"Please enjoy the food, JungKook ssi.", the grandmother said and he starts scooping the food into the bowl.

JungKook had his eyes on HoSeok the whole time and HoSeok wasn't even making any eye contact with him.

NamJoon could sense some tension and cleared his throat to chat with everyone.

"Halmeoni, the food is so good! Thank you.", NamJoon said and takes another bite as he smiled at the grandmother.

"Thank you so much.", HoSeok's grandmother said and they continued to eat their dinner.

After dinner..

HoSeok takes a step outside for fresh air when he sees JungKook staring at him by the door.

"What the hell are you staring at? Go look somewhere else.", HoSeok said.

"How have you been?", JungKook asked and HoSeok sighed while leaning on the lamp post.

He nods his head and said, "I've been doing good.".

"Good. I'm not doing good to be honest.", JungKook said.

HoSeok rolled his eyes and JungKook steps closer to him.

"Why didn't you call me atleast?", JungKook asked.

HoSeok scoffed at him and said, "Why should I be the one to call?".

Then, JungKook held both of HoSeok's hand and looks at him in the eye.

"Do you hate me that much?", JungKook asked and HoSeok pulled his hands away.