Chapter Fourteen: Brighton & Board Games Pt.3

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Do I smell tea?"

PJ and I turned our heads to see Chris standing in the doorway; it didn't look like he'd been there long enough to hear mine and PJ's plan. He shuffled in and picked up one of the mugs before leaning on the counter next to me. I eyed PJ over the top of my mug and motioned my head at Chris, PJ took a deep breath catching onto my hint.

"Chris, do you think that maybe you could take Rachel to the bakery and pick up something for breakfast? Before Dan and Phil wake up and complain about being hungry."

He sounded casual as he asked Chris; if that was me I wouldn't have been able to keep my cool. Damn PJ was one smooth guy. Chris nodded his head eagerly and a huge smile spread across his lips, okay maybe PJ wasn't joking when he said that Chris was obsessed with this place.

"Yes. I love that place. Come on drink up Rachel, it won't be long until phan stir from their slumber."

Chris took his mug and left the kitchen, when he did I let out the breath I'd been holding. PJ tilted his head in my direction.

"See easy as pie. The sooner you both get it out in the open, the faster you can heal this relationship. Besides I ship you two as my new OTP."

"Thanks, hopefully everything goes smoothly. If we're not back in an hour then send out a hunting party because I might have killed Chris."

PJ quirked an eyebrow.

"Are you confessing to me that you might kill Chris? Damn I'm too handsome to go to prison for helping you get away with murder."

I smiled and PJ cracked a smile, I knew he was only joke being serious. I took a few more sips of my tea before heading towards the living room but not before glancing over my shoulder back at PJ.

"I would never let them take you to prison. You're way too valuable on the outside, who else is going to make me great tea?"

"Err thanks I guess, I think you and I are kindred spirits when it comes to playing different characters. If you're not back in an hour and Dan and Phil start asking questions I'll take care of them swiftly."

I couldn't help but giggle as I made my way into the living room. Chris put a finger on his lips and motioned to the still sleeping forms of Dan and Phil. As much as I wanted to play a prank on them, I knew that working on my relationship came first before friendships. If this conversation with Chris went tits up then I might not be able to call Dan, Phil and PJ my friends anymore. The thought saddened me until I felt someone nudging me, it was Chris.

"Come on lets go before they wake up."

I placed my half drank tea on the coffee table before slipping into my shoes, I threw my hair up into a messy bun on top of my head and put on my glasses. PJ was still in the kitchen when we entered the hallway, I grabbed my coat and slipped it on over the outfit I'd worn yesterday and fell asleep in. What I wasn't one of those girls who were fussed with their appearance in the morning.

The cool Brighton morning air was kind of chilly as we walked side by side down the pavement. There were very few people out except a couple of runners who ignored us as they passed us. Seagulls circled above our heads and squawked loudly, I had learnt to live with the sound of London traffic but seagulls were a pain in the ass.

"What are you thinking about Rachel?"

Chris's voice snapped me out of my own head; I bit my lip and turned my head away from him. I was suddenly nervous and sweaty all over. I had nothing to be ashamed about; Chris was acting cool while I was paranoid about how this talk would end up. Why wasn't he more worked up then me? he should be more worked up as that's how it's supposed to go in this situation.