Chapter Fifteen: Brighton & Board Games Pt.4

A/N

Video is my new 'Wattpad Top 10 FanFictions' series - this week Zoella :)

End of A/N

Chapter Fifteen: Brighton & Board Games Pt.4

RACHEL

The phone rang for what felt like forever, even though in reality less than a minute had passed. What if Chris had gone back to PJ's and told the rest of the guys what I'd done? Would they laugh and joke about me overreacting? After all they had this amazing friendship and I was just the fifth wheel. Maybe I should just hang up and try and catch a train back to London on my own. I had my bag and purse, that way when Chris eventually got back I could have moved out. So many thoughts swam around my head that it started to give me a headache and I found myself looking for a bench to sink down on to stop my legs turning to jelly and falling over.

So much had happened in such a small space of time, I was living n the back of a bookshop and making minimal wage for a living but then after a chance encounter with four youtubers I found my life slowly getting back on track. I had a home, friends and with the guys help I was starting to make a little money through my videos. Okay two negatives, one was being shot on the underground and the second was Chris kissing his ex girlfriend in our flat but as I thought everything over the positives slowly outweighed the negatives.

I nearly hung up when Chris answered the phone, his voice took me by surprise and I jumped a little on the bench.

"Where are you Rachel? You ran away before I could answer. I wasn't expecting that question, it took me by surprise. Now I'm walking around looking for you. Tell me where you are?"

My heart fluttered a little when he mentioned that he was walking around trying to find me instead of going back to PJ's and giving up on me. Maybe he was trying to do something nice, I twirled my hair around my fingers and sighed into the phone.

"I'm on the boardwalk, sitting on a bench because my head hurts from thinking too much. There's a bandstand near me if that helps."

Chris chuckled down the other end of the phone, the sound warmed me inside. He was perfect.

"I think I know where you are Rachel. I'll see you in a minute."

He then hung up and I was left with my thoughts again. The seaside was beautiful, I'd only ever grown up in cities and beach side holidays were very rare for us because my family was poor. I sniffed the salty sea air and closed my eyes as I leant back against the bench and let the sounds of the crashing waves and seagulls block out my thoughts. I understood why PJ chose Brighton over London, I could easily live here but for now London was my home.

I must have dozed off for zoned out for a few minutes because next thing I know I hear the wooden bench creaking as someone sits down next to me. I slowly opened my eyes and tilted my head to the side and came face to face with Chris's brown eyes staring at me.

"Hey."

"Hi."

Okay so that little exchange was awkward, neither of us really knew what to say the other so we continued staring into each other's eyes.

"You look cute in your glasses Rachel."

I felt my face blushing slightly at the compliment. At times I hated my geeky hipster glasses because people assumed it was all an act, but I did actually need glasses to see and I was always losing my contacts. I shuffled on the cold bench and rubbed my hands together as a cold sea breeze swept over us.

"Ah well thank you Christopher, but you don't get away that easily."

"Are you cold?"

I shook my head but he ignored me and shuffled closer to me before wrapping his arm around my shoulder and pulled me against his shoulder, I didn't want to give in but my head betrayed me and I soon found myself leaning against his shoulder.