Chapter Ten: Calm Before The Storm

RACHEL

The next few days were quiet, it was peaceful but that put me on edge. Amber hadn't tried anything, maybe we'd gotten the girl all wrong. Chris quickly changed my mind telling me to never let my guard down around Amber because when I'm weak that is when she'll make her move and strike.

Chris was off filming for the BBC and Phil was making videos with Carrie Fletcher. PJ was back in Brighton and Dan was bored so we decided to have a day of shopping, the shopping part was his idea not mine. I somehow found myself questioning this boy and his idea of how to have a good time.

"Dan. Why are you addicted to black?"

We were browsing the racks in Topman and I'd just pulled the fifth black shirt out of Dan's hands. He went to grab it off me but I placed it back on the rack and shot him an 'are you serious' look. I then linked his arm through mine and all but dragged him out of the shop.

"It's dark like my soul Rachel, black completes me."

I rolled my eyes at his overly dramatic behaviour and pulled him onto the busy street. Maybe Saturday wasn't the best day to go shopping on Oxford Circus, luckily Dan hadn't been noticed yet because I didn't feel like dealing with the hassle of telling girls that I wasn't his girlfriend. All it would take was one compromising photo on Twitter and Tumblr and suddenly Chris would be hurt along with Dan and my own online reputation. I was already treading a thin line by being the only female hanging out with the fantastic foursome.

"Let's grab a Starbucks, I'm parched and my feet hurt."

There was no queue in Starbucks so we got served pretty quickly. I ordered a hot chocolate while Dan got some cinnamon latte which I called girly and he pouted. We found a free sofa table near the window and claimed it as our own; we each took a sofa opposite each other.

"How are you and Chris going?"

I shrugged my shoulders and stirred my drink to mix the cream with the hot chocolate.

"We're doing great, I mean he's really supportive but he seems on edge about Amber. Why hasn't she made a move yet?"

"Speak of the devil and she will appear."

I turned in the direction Dan was pointing and my mouth dropped in shock. Amber strutted towards our table wearing a really short dress and heels which screamed 'hooker'. Dan eyed her up and down while I mentally gagged.

"Oh hi Dan fancy seeing you here, and excuse me but have we met?"

I rolled my eyes and sighed heavily, I didn't have time for her today. I was having a really fun time up until she showed up. Running a hand through my hair I put on the biggest fake smile I could muster.

"Hi Amber, yes we have met. I'm Chris's girlfriend and you're a serial manipulator and all around mean person."

I took a sip of my drink and reclined backwards on the plush sofa, there was something about Amber that pushed all my buttons and not for good. How did the guys cope with her before?

"Dan are you going to let his thing talk to me this way?"

Amber battered her eyelashes at Dan, was he real going to fall for this innocent girl act.

"Amber, you ruined my life along with the other guys. Don't think you can waltz back in here and try and manipulate us again. Rachel and I are trying to enjoy a drink and would appreciate it if you left."

Yes, Dan was growing a pair and standing up to Amber. I was so proud of him, after his hesitance about ignoring Amber I was worried he'd go against us and become the first to break. My phone went off and I excused myself, why was Chris calling me? Yes he was my boyfriend but when he worked for the BBC he normally ignored everyone.