Chapter Seventeen: Meeting Zoella

RACHEL

I closed the front door behind me and was instantly grateful for the blazer, the cold Brighton wind whipped around me and I all but jogged to Zoe's mini parked outside PJ's gate. Zoe waved at me as I climbed into the passenger seat, it was odd that she'd never met me before but I'd watched all her videos and was like obsessed with how good she was. Zoella was my YouTube goal.

"Hi Zoe, it's good to meet you. I was a little surprised earlier when Joe mentioned that you wanted my number."

Zoe chuckled and put the car into gear before pulling away.

"I thought it would be nice to meet another fellow girl youtuber as we're a rare bunch. Also I felt that you'd need some girl time after being around guys for a long time."

I nodded and let out the breath I'd been holding, I was nervous earlier but Zoe was easy to talk to which I liked.

"Yeah being around guys a lot I sometimes forget what it's like to communicate with another girl. Though I do love my boys, sometimes I need a break."

Zoe hummed in agreement and turned on the radio, 5SOS 'She Looks So Perfect' started to play and I found myself quietly singing along forgetting that Zoe was in the car with me.

"I love this song, come on Rachel lets show Brighton what we've got."

I looked over at my new friend with a confused expression; she laughed and rolled down the car windows before she began singing along loudly. I smirked; this girl was crazy just like me. I soon joined in and the two of us were practically shouting at the top of our lungs. After a few strange looks from other drivers and pedestrians at red lights and a few 5SOS songs later we pulled into a car park and Zoe finally turned the radio off. We were both breathing heavily but then we turned towards each other and burst into a fit of giggles.

"Do you mind if I vlog?"

I shook my head and she pulled out her camera, I'd never fancied daily vlogging my life because as I kept telling Chris nothing interesting happened. Dan and Phil did a rare 'the day in the life of' video every year or two and the fans went nuts. I believe you have to have stuff worth vlogging.

"I'm here with a new face, say hello to the viewers Rachel."

I waved at the camera and Zoe turned it back to face her, she was a pro. I think I'd be embarrassed if I started talking to a camera and people saw me on the streets.

"Yes this is the Rachel who you've seen hanging with the Fantastic Foursome. That's because she's bagged herself the funny Chris Kendall or Crabstickz as you guys know him by. She's also a youtuber and you can watch her videos at 'Rachel Watts' because it's fashionable for youtubers to name their channels after themselves. Tell them what they can expect on your channel."

I found the camera turned on me again and I smiled, grateful for the promotion Zoe didn't need to do. If it got me a few more subscribers then I wouldn't say no. I stroked my chin for a few seconds before addressing the camera.

"I haven't really found my niche so I make a variety of videos from short films to challenges and the occasional haul and DIY video."

"I love haul and DIY videos; maybe we can do on sometime. In the comments tell me what collab you'd like to see me and Rachel do in the future. Now we're heading into town to shop because Rachel has never been to Brighton before, see you later."

She turned the camera off and dropped it in her bag.

"I wish I had that much confidence when I filmed Zoe."